Taste of Anthem - what?

We've planned all of our dining for our 14-night trip on Anthem of the Seas on 1st September this year. We're both into food and have booked at least one dinner in all of the restaurants.

I've heard about this Royal Evening / Taste of Anthem thing, which sounds like some of the nights they'll scrap the normal menu in the four main (included) restaurants and replace it with a mixture of dishes from all four venues.

I think I understand what they're trying to do, but for those who want the full experience of each restaurant I don't want to book into e.g. Silk (which is the one my partner is most looking forward to) and find that the menu isn't available.

Is there any way to find out which evenings this event will be happening? I don't think I had an email about it, but I could be wrong. I'd like to re-arrange my dining to account for this if necessary.

Duncan, we hate the idea too. I can understand on a 3 nighter why they do this but on a 2 week cruise there is no real need given people will have plenty of chance to try all the restaurants. The least they should do is flag it up on the cruise personaliser.

We dont want to dress up for Grande only to find everyone on that night has the same menu in all complimentary restaurants.

Also, if we knew in advance when the Royal Evenings were we could opt for a speciality venue or buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree!! I'm on a nine night cruise and already have an idea of when I want to go to them and how often. I also want to schedule Chops. (for the Main Lobster). I'll eat at Chops or Wonderland on those days.

On our 22nd May Sailing we had two "Taste of Anthem" nights.

I have read reviews from the following sailing (1st June) that said they offered the Taste of Anthem Menu in all Resaurants AS WELL AS the full menu for that specific restaurant too. Maybe that is what they'll do now following feedback?

I have read reviews from the following sailing (1st June) that said they offered the Taste of Anthem Menu in all Resaurants AS WELL AS the full menu for that specific restaurant too. Maybe that is what they'll do now following feedback?

That would be great!! I'm not against MORE choice. I was just very disappointed that I may have this on my 8 night.

That wouldn't be SO bad...

I had a look through previous emails from Royal, and I found one that was selling the idea of these Royal Evenings on board Anthem (though not specifically related to my cruise). It said that these evenings would be on the second night of the cruise, and then more on longer cruises (they didn't specify what a 'longer cruise' was though).

I assume on our 14-night sailing there will be more than one then. Night 2 we have reservations at Wonderland, so I don't need to worry.

We are currently on anthem and received the same e-mail prior to sailing. We had the grande booked for night 2 and were a tad disappointed we wouldn't get to see the full menu there. However when we arrived in the grande it was just the regular menu served so looks like they may be re-thinking taste of anthem nights!

I certainly hope they are re-thinking this concept for longer cruises, except that I think part of the original idea was to save them money on food! If all four complimentary restaurants are serving the same food, that could be quite a savings on the cost of food for the ship. I think it's disguised as a sampler, when it's actually a cost cutter for them!!!

Hi Duncan,

We get on the Anthem on Saturday and the Royal night is on Sunday.

To answer your question on the other board yes I have the free drinks package! (Also the tips, on-board credit and free parking)