Jewel Refurb Plans?

Hello,

I'm booked on JOS May 23rd out of Rome. I've been reading the boards and see a lot of mention about the dates of the refurbish and that Seaview Café will be replaced. Since I've sailed her in the Caribbean I agree that this will be a loss to the old gal. So my question is can anyone tell me what ALL is being changed, added or deleted?

Thanks in advance, :p

Patty

Nothing official publically released from Royal. Best guess is to take a look at Brilliance since that was the most recent Radiance class ship that was revitalized.

Nothing official publically released from Royal. Best guess is to take a look at Brilliance since that was the most recent Radiance class ship that was revitalized.

Thanks Bob, you're a gem!

• 2 weeks later...

I got off the Brilliance in April and saw the changes that were made. Before that I sailed the Radiance twice, once in 2001 and again in 2004. At that time I thought the Radiance was one of the most beautiful ships I'd ever seen. I'd looked forward to sailing on the Brilliance.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with what I found on the Brilliance after the changes. In short, they've taken the things that gave the Radiance class ships their distinctive image. Likewise, they are trying to awkwardly incorporate things that have been successful on later class ships.

The biggest thing that I felt was the heart of the Radiance ships was the illuminated glass staircase. That was gone to enlarge the bar. Along with that, they are trying to make the centrum into the promenade. They removed the artwork and have tried to incorporate a high wire act. That retrofit also caused the Next Cruise area to be closed to the passengers.

If you call up the deck plans for the Brilliance and the Jewel and go through it deck by deck, you'll see where more cabins were added to some public areas. There are also some new dining venues added.

Those are my thoughts about what I saw. If you are going on the Jewel, I'd enjoy the current layout before the refurbishment. It will be a loss once it is modified.