Britannia aft balconies

Henrietta30

Hi

Has anyone got any pictures of the aft suites of Britannia? Interested in the balcony and if there is room for a sun lounger? we have booked a corner suite on D deck. It's just that I have heard comments about small balconies and the suites being smaller than Azura/Ventura

Any information gratefully received!

Hi

thx - I can live with that. On Arcadia there was the same issue but generally we found people had better things to do than look at a not so young lady sprawled on a sunbed......

And if they haven't got better things to do then I feel sorry for them.

Really looking forward to going on Britannia. We love Azura but you have to try new things!!!

Hi

Has anyone got any pictures of the aft suites of Britannia? Interested in the balcony and if there is room for a sun lounger? we have booked a corner suite on D deck. It's just that I have heard comments about small balconies and the suites being smaller than Azura/Ventura

Any information gratefully received!

Hello Henrietta30,

I stayed in an aft corner suite in C deck C736 last month & thoroughly enjoyed it.

The balconies whilst not as big as some ships are certainly better than the mid ship suites & yes you get sun loungers :)

I've very quickly put some pictures of the suite we stayed in, into a separate album on Flickr ~ here's the link.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskeq6Vgb

As you can see I do like to take the odd picture or two!! :rolleyes:

People sometimes think I'm mad but as I am (hopefully!) able to assist you, I believe it's worth making Hubby wait in the corridor or on the balcony until I've got all my shots :D

I'd really be interested to see pictures of the D deck aft corner suites as we looked at an aft corner suite on on F deck & it was a totally different layout to ours.

We've booked D738 next September so would be interested to see any differences. We would've like the same suite but it's already gone!!

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Joan

Thank you very helpful will look now- we are in D738 in December ......

You're welcome.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of D738 in due course & to see any photos if you get a chance.

Joan

I will happily post for you. Your pictures were excellent thank you. One question is there tall hanging space for long dresses? The rails look quite low?

Hello,

Thank you.

Unfortunately, not :(

Nor could I even see a way of removing a bar like you can in some of the wardrobes to give more hanging space.

That was probably the only fault I could find with the suite.

Joan

Hello Henrietta30,

I stayed in an aft corner suite in C deck C736 last month & thoroughly enjoyed it.

The balconies whilst not as big as some ships are certainly better than the mid ship suites & yes you get sun loungers :)

I've very quickly put some pictures of the suite we stayed in, into a separate album on Flickr ~ here's the link.

As you can see I do like to take the odd picture or two!! :rolleyes:

People sometimes think I'm mad but as I am (hopefully!) able to assist you, I believe it's worth making Hubby wait in the corridor or on the balcony until I've got all my shots :D

I'd really be interested to see pictures of the D deck aft corner suites as we looked at an aft corner suite on on F deck & it was a totally different layout to ours.

We've booked D738 next September so would be interested to see any differences. We would've like the same suite but it's already gone!!

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Joan

Hi Joan

Please can you post the link to your photos again as I can't access the one above, is there a time limit on it?

We're in D739 December 2016 so will be very interested to see and hear what you think of D738 when you get back :)

Many thanks Karen

Hi Joan

Please can you post the link to your photos again as I can't access the one above, is there a time limit on it?

We're in D739 December 2016 so will be very interested to see and hear what you think of D738 when you get back :)

Many thanks Karen

Hi Karen,

Um not sure why the link isn't working for you as I've just tried it & it's taken me through to the album OK.

However, when I've just clicked on Flickr again to share, it's given me another link :confused:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/waller2011/8K2KT1

Hopefully, one of them will work for you & maybe someone in the 'know' might pop along & tell me what (if anything!) I'm doing wrong as the album is marked 'public' etc.

I will let you know what I think of D738 in September 2016 upon our return.

Joan

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Hi Karen,

Um not sure why the link isn't working for you as I've just tried it & it's taken me through to the album OK.

However, when I've just clicked on Flickr again to share, it's given me another link :confused:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/waller2011/8K2KT1

Hopefully, one of them will work for you & maybe someone in the 'know' might pop along & tell me what (if anything!) I'm doing wrong as the album is marked 'public' etc.

I will let you know what I think of D738 in September 2016 upon our return.

Joan

Thank you so much for the pics, it really makes a difference viewing the interior of a cabin prior to booking.

Jaime.

The picture also shows that some suites have a slightly different layout - look at the corners and the doors from the bedroom, you will see some are in a different place to others. We have booked E743 recently as I read that the configuration was the best - there is a video of one of the e deck corner suites on You Tube. The other thing is that on the port side there are reports of some 'back draft' smells of cigarette smoke. We originally booked port side and changed it. If you use the search function on this board you will find lots of threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The picture also shows that some suites have a slightly different layout - look at the corners and the doors from the bedroom, you will see some are in a different place to others. We have booked E743 recently as I read that the configuration was the best - there is a video of one of the e deck corner suites on You Tube. The other thing is that on the port side there are reports of some 'back draft' smells of cigarette smoke. We originally booked port side and changed it. If you use the search function on this board you will find lots of threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this info, we are not smokers so will make sure I pick a cabin that's not on the port side.

Jaime.

We had cabin B724 last summer and the balcony was very deep, but most aren't. The fact that you are overlooked by the Sunset Bar is, in our opinion, irrelevant, who looks up when on your balcony, and most people in the bar are, surely, more interested in something other than you!

Would recommend B deck as the balconies are so much deeper.

As an aside, they are the same interiors as the Suites on the side.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We had cabin B724 last summer and the balcony was very deep, but most aren't. The fact that you are overlooked by the Sunset Bar is, in our opinion, irrelevant, who looks up when on your balcony, and most people in the bar are, surely, more interested in something other than you!

Would recommend B deck as the balconies are so much deeper.

As an aside, they are the same interiors as the Suites on the side.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Ah well we have next door the corner suite when we go to the Fjords this year. The layout is different in the corner ones with the bedroom a separate room down a corridor like the one in the video above.

Happy days

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ah well we have next door the corner suite when we go to the Fjords this year. The layout is different in the corner ones with the bedroom a separate room down a corridor like the one in the video above.

Happy days

Wow, the corner suites are much preferable to me.

I don't like the Suites being all one room and would love to have a separate room for the bedroom as in the pictures. The balcony is, obviously, much narrower than B724, but they are perfectly adequate and it's actually nice that the bedroom patio doors open up on the side.

I think we shall be going for a corner suite in future! :D

By the looks of the plan the balcony is as deep as yours at the back but round the side it is as narrow as the rest. Should be good for Fjord watching.

Of course by booking on the first day we can pick the cabins we want and in this case I think we have done well.

By the looks of the plan the balcony is as deep as yours at the back but round the side it is as narrow as the rest. Should be good for Fjord watching.

Of course by booking on the first day we can pick the cabins we want and in this case I think we have done well.

The Suite we had on B Deck (724) overlooking the wake has a much deeper balcony than normal, that's why I chose it.

I've attached two pictures, plus one taken from the Sunset Bar (you'll have to excuse the finger!).

The corner Suite next door to us to the left was as deep, but also has the side piece of course. All the other Suites underneath us weren't anywhere near as deep, but the cabins on A deck above us (I don't think they were all Suites) were as deep.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1754&d=1475842022

attachment.php?attachmentid=1753&d=1475842011

attachment.php?attachmentid=1784&d=1489231853

They were all cleaned thoroughly once during the cruise (which is why the small table is on one of the loungers and we weren't there!).

We loved it, but as I've said, I would be very happy to have a corner one because of the 'separate' bedroom.