Anytime Dining

BcIcemen

Can you request the same tableand dining staff each night with anytime dining

Last May on Splendor I just asked for the table number I had the night before and always got it or the table next to it. It worked out well as we had made friend with the people at the table next to us and we met almost every night!

Does anytime dining take the same amount of time as traditional dining? Or is it shorter or longer?[/quote

About the same, but it can also depend on who is serving. I've seen some people who skip appetizers and dessert and they are in and out.

Does anytime dining take the same amount of time as traditional dining? Or is it shorter or longer?

We usually find it a little faster - since there are usually just the two of us and we set the pace.

But they seat the section all at the same time so it's not really much different because the servers have multiple table - just like traditional seatings.

Can you request the same tableand dining staff each night with anytime dining

In a way. You may not get the exact same table every night, but if you like your waiter just remember his name and you can always ask for him and if there are tables open in his section they will give you a table there. If there are none available, they will ask you if you want to wait or choose another section.

While it is good to know the server's name, if you don't remember it, they can look it up. Once we found a server we liked, we asked and got the same one and generally the same table, or one right next to it every night on Legend, Liberty and Sensation. On Legend and Sensation they asked if we wanted to share a table, which we did. We had some of the same couples several nights on both ships. It was crazy on the Liberty. Long lines and we were issued a pager every night, but it was worth it to get waiters we liked.

Does anytime dining take the same amount of time as traditional dining? Or is it shorter or longer?

Excluding the wait for a table, I'd say it is considerably faster. My YTD experience has always been with tables for two, so that may have something to do with it. But I think the bigger issue is that when you are in a fixed seating situation, everyone is getting served the same course at the same time and you're pretty much stuck waiting for everyone to get through one course before you can get on to the next. There are exceptions and you can make special requests, but everything else being equal, you're stuck on about a 90 minute schedule with fixed seating.

With YTD you can be in and out in 45 minutes, which is great. In that sense, it is more like a regular restaurant, because who wants to spend 10% of his entire vacation day eating one meal.

All that said, I've found the wait times very hit-and-miss. On some ships, we've waltzed in to the dining room with no waits. On other ships, we were regularly waiting 30+ minutes for a table. And I'd rather be stuck with a 90 minute meal at a fixed seating than sitting doing nothing for 30 minutes waiting for a table and a 45 minute meal.