Hyatt Day Pass in November

tarheelmjfan

Hi Ken and Tammy,

We do the same thing, after doing a tour or something we like to hang at a resort for a few hours, getting loungers or a cabana and going back and forth between the beach and the pool, and ordering drinks and snacks. The ports on the Mexican Riv had tons of resorts offering free day use, and we've been researching Cayman. A "Hyatt" search of past posts on this board shows that earlier this year lots of cruisers paid $35 p.p., of which $15 could be applied to drinks and food. Then we got looking on the Cayman Activity Guide boards, and the editor (Joe) said if cruisers dropped the name Activity Guide (a mag they publish) there was no fee. Comments seemed to indicate there was no fee while renos were being done, to be completed early 06. For the last 2 days we've tried to post a note to Joe to clarify that the free pass was for mentioning the Activity Guide, but his boards seem to be down, can't get on.

It's also weird, the board says cabs to the Hyatt are $10 p.p., jeez we'd take one of those cute mini buses for $1.50 that runs up the 7 Mile Beach road, but other cruisers say a cab was $3. Like, $40 for 4 would buy a lot of beer :-)

There are lots of resorts in Coz that charge $40-50 All-incl p.p., we'd never drink and eat that much in a few hours, but the El Cid La Ceiba charges $10, or $25 if you want AI booze and food.

Have you got any more news?

-Bob

Hi Bob - I noticed the same thing - I also have been posting to Cayman Activity Guide and haven't gotten on. Funny thing is that now, my posts are completely gone too! I don't think you even have to mention the CAG, but then again, it shouldn't hurt, right!? I think that is where we're headed, unless I read otherwise! :)

Thanks for the info. :) Please let us know, if you get a definitive answer from CAG. I had read experiences from earlier this year, & was wondering if that was still the case. We don't go until Nov. 19th. If either of you go before then, please give us an update. Thanks again :)

Hi Bob - I noticed the same thing - I also have been posting to Cayman Activity Guide and haven't gotten on. Funny thing is that now, my posts are completely gone too! I don't think you even have to mention the CAG, but then again, it shouldn't hurt, right!? I think that is where we're headed, unless I read otherwise! :)

Yes the CAG boards were down for a few days, and when they got back up all the past messages were done, but now they're all back. As you'll see there, I asked Joe about the fee again b/c Cruise Critic members have been paying $35 earlier this year, and a lady from CAG replied b/c Joe was away, quoting what he said earlier, that we just have to mention the CAG and the day pass is free. We don't go till 06, but if those of you going this fall would let us know how it went that would be great. We don't mind the $35 too much b/c $15 is applied to booze and food, and we were going to get lunch and drinks there anyway to patronize the place. But all the resorts on the Mexican Riv were free, and others in the Caribb, we've been spoiled.

And this is weird, Joe at CAG said the cabs were $10 p.p. to the Hyatt, but several cruisers said they paid $3 p.p. Jeez if they were $10 we'd take the bus running up the beach for $1.50, runs every 15 minutes from GT.

-Bob

last time I went to Cayman (Aug 2004)we went early and took a cab to the Hyatt. we had blue towels that matched theirs, plunked ourselves down and had no problems. we took the bus back to town afterward. There was a guard who came on duty after we got there so we looked like we belonged. No one gave us any problem--we did not order any food or drinks.

Archived