CD schedule, letters under ship name

Was looking at the CD schedule and noticed that there were letters under the ship name. KN,BB,JB. What do they mean? Never noticed before.

The initials are those of the shipboard entertainment directors. KN is Kevin Noonan, BB is Butch Begovich. I am not sure who JB is (Jen Baxter, perhaps?). The cruise directors report to the shipboard entertainment directors.

Edited by djacobson

Hi,

I'm just curious, where are these schedules that people speak of? There's a CD schedule, a dive-in movie schedule, and all kinds of secret info ....... I'm going on the Sunshine in 2 weeks, I've heard there's a CD change.

Please inform me.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm just curious, where are these schedules that people speak of? There's a CD schedule, a dive-in movie schedule, and all kinds of secret info ....... I'm going on the Sunshine in 2 weeks, I've heard there's a CD change.

Please inform me.

Thanks

Here you go...........

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ED-CD-Schedule-UPDATED-05-19-15.pdf

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this schedule... Jase Apps was supposed to be CD on our Pride sailing in August but announced on his FB page that he's moving to a new ship after his Vaca rather than returning to Pride. Kevin Donohue is currently 'scheduled' to be on Pride through August but anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this schedule... Jase Apps was supposed to be CD on our Pride sailing in August but announced on his FB page that he's moving to a new ship after his Vaca rather than returning to Pride. Kevin Donohue is currently 'scheduled' to be on Pride through August but anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

lots of turnover and some CD's have moved up to ED's.

The initials are those of the shipboard entertainment directors. KN is Kevin Noonan, BB is Butch Begovich. I am not sure who JB is (Jen Baxter, perhaps?). The cruise directors report to the shipboard entertainment directors.

You may be close to correct. Both Kevin (better known as just "Noonan") and Butch work out of the Miami office and are not onboard entertainment directors. However it is a distinct possibility that these initials represent the ships that they help to oversee from the home office. I also don't know who would be represented by the initials JB.

You may be close to correct. Both Kevin (better known as just "Noonan") and Butch work out of the Miami office and are not onboard entertainment directors. However it is a distinct possibility that these initials represent the ships that they help to oversee from the home office. I also don't know who would be represented by the initials JB.

Thanks for the clarification. I may have read somewhere what Noonan and Butch's roles are with CCL, but you are right, there are not entertainment directors. The entertainment directors are like Brittany Boyd, on the Sunshine with Jaime Deitsch.

I just looked at the schedule. I'm on the Sunshine 7/10 ...... looks like we have a substitute CD, I've read great things about Jamie Dee, so we'll see who the new one is.

Deb[/Jaime Dee stated on her FacebooK page that July 10-18 will be her last one before vacation. Tyler Ryan will be there when she leaves. We sail the week before you on July 5. Looks like we both may be lucky and get to sail with Jaime Dee!

I just looked at the schedule. I'm on the Sunshine 7/10 ...... looks like we have a substitute CD, I've read great things about Jamie Dee, so we'll see who the new one is.

Jamie Dee is a good one. Sailed with her several years ago when she was just a lowly ACD on the Pride.

Was on the Pride 6/14/-6/21. Kevin Donohue was the CD. He stated during a forum that Carnival was 'trying' out CDs on various ships for 2 month rotations to see which is best 'fit' for each. So it sounds like there will be quite a turnover during the next year.

Josh -"Big sexy" - was on the Pride last year when we were on it and is now posting from Figi where he was just transferred after the Sensation.

JB is Jocelyn Blandford. Jocelyn, Kevin and Butch are Carnival's 3 Entertainment Operations Supervisors. They work out of the Miami office and are each responsible for entertainment on 8 ships. They visit the ships they are responsible for from time to time.