Does anyone recommend Day's Inn, Dania?

Lvteks

WE are hit with really big increases for a Feb. 1st departure. The King Tut exhibit is more than Egeyptian gold, it's a goldmine for the hotels. Also it is the "season." We have three in the room which limits some choices. This Day's Inn was ($129) 119 + 10 for extra + 11% tax...HE EXP is $144. Would appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Blessings'

Gail

If you want a budget hotel I'd go with the Holiday Inn Express over that place even if I had to pay more, but which Holiday Inn Express are you looking at? I'd only go with the one on SE17th Street, and it's showing $128 per night for up to 4 people in a room with 2 double beds... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Or the Extended Stay America next door... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Those are both nice places, in a better area, less than 10 minutes from FLL, just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, and have many many restaurants, shops, grocery/drug/liquor stores within safe, easy walking distance.

Dear Trent,

Wow! Thanks for the instant response. I checked the $128.00 rate and the only one I got was "advance payment". I am really hesitant to do this unless our Travel Insurance would cover if we had to change. Would you please comment ob this if you don't mind?

Blessings,

Gail

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania, they were great, continental breakfast, transportion provided to cruise port or any where in the general area, grocery store across the street, they were very terriffic, used pre cruise, great rates. We stayed last year, the hotel was new and very well kept. Hope this helps, have a good day.

Lvteks, I'm in the same situation as you with 3 sharing a room. Our cruise is 1/23. I called Amerisuites direct yesterday and they quoted me a rate that was a little less than anything I found posted for the hotel on websites. We are 3 women and all want our own bed. Amerisuites quoted me $159.00 per night plus tax for 3 people. Holiday Inn Express 17th St was charging another $10 per night for a rollaway. I also do not want to pay in advance for the $128.00 rate. We are dividing the cost by three so it is not too bad. If you are a family, then that could pricey.

Diane

Archived