Anyone booked with CruiseNext Ultimate on board?

Kkate

At least with FCR T&C the region you booked the original cruise with is the region that FCR goes to.

transferable to any region/person.

The important thing is can you book on board in the cheapest region for the chosen cruise and still have the single change option. independent of the sailing booking you are on.

Just FYI, I just booked two next cruise ultimate sailings on board, chose the UBP for my promo for both, going to transfer one of the certificates to a friend, and you can change it one time. We will probably be changing it to a feb Escape sailing, but right now I have one booked on the Escape in 2017

so very good deal.

We have also purchased two Next Cruise Ultimate certificates (with UBP) on the Dawn on Sept., 3rd this year and applied both to Breakaway sailing next June. Now I am looking into booking Gem this comming January and want to apply one of the above mentioned certificates to that new sailing. HOWEVER, I am planning to book Gem through a TA. Can somebody please advise how to go about it. I don't have a personal TA and always book through any on-line TA offering biggest perks.

:confused:

Ok I have a question now. If we buy this on the shop and say we purchase 1 and get $100 OBC that is used on the cruise you are currently in correct? Or are they giving you that for the cruise you are booking? It used to be applied to your inboard account of the current cruise you were on.

The OBC is an instant rebate from the certificate you are purchasing.

So if you buy one, your onboard account will be first charged $250 and then credited $100 leaving the total cost of certificate to $150. If you pay two (or more) your account is charged $250 for each and then credited $125 for each.

Edited by Demonyte

Ok I have a question now. If we buy this on the shop and say we purchase 1 and get $100 OBC that is used on the cruise you are currently in correct? Or are they giving you that for the cruise you are booking? It used to be applied to your inboard account of the current cruise you were on.

It is applied to the cruise you are currently on.

Harriet

Does anyone have any experience using these as a UK person? How do you use the certificate- do they convert it to £, or do you have to somehow book through the US agent (which I thought we weren't allowed to do)?

Yes, the certificate will be 250 in US dollars but for different NCL offices the amount is converted to the currency your cruise (where you bought the certificate) was booked.

No, you do not need to book through the US office or US based TA, however there often are many advantages of doing so like ability to cancel before final payment and getting your deposit back and the ability to benefit from price drops better than in UK.

My NCL home office is the Central Europe office/.eu site in Germany but I have booked all my past cruises through US office or a TA in US.

Edited by Demonyte

Yes, the certificate will be 250 in US dollars but for different NCL offices the amount is converted to the currency your cruise (where you bought the certificate) was booked.

No, you do not need to book through the US office or US based TA, however there often are many advantages of doing so like ability to cancel before final payment and getting your deposit back and the ability to benefit from price drops better than in UK.

My NCL home office is the Central Europe office/.eu site in Germany but I have booked all my past cruises through US office or a TA in US.

I didn't think you were allowed to book through the US- how do you go about it?

We just bought 4 CruiseNext Rewards while on the Jewel for $1000 and received $500 OBC. They never even discussed CruiseNext Ultimate.

The same thing happened to us on the Breakaway in June. Waited in line a good 10 minutes to talk to a PCC and they never told us about the CruiseNext Ultimate. We bought two and one is for my daughter and her boyfriend for Christmas, add the UBP to that would have made it so much better. Now they have it advertised so much more in the dailies but I don't think that is right for it not to be brought up when you are face to face with a PCC buying them. I called when I got home and found out about it and was told pretty much to bad you had to do it on board.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this may sound like a silly question but this is all so confusing......I have already booked for the escape next summer but am going on the epic at Xmas. If I bought 2 certificates whilst onboard can I use them to pay towards my cruise on the escape & get my onboard credit for Xmas? Or do u actually have to use the certificates when u book? Which in my case would be too late....

Hello All,

I am sailing on my first NCL cruise in a few days. If while on board, I purchase two future cruise credits, but then do not choose to use them, do I receive a refund? In other words:

$500 in future cruise credits

-$250 OBC credit for current sailing

=$250 True Credit = the refund I would get if I cancel

On other lines, if I don't use the credits in a certain time frame, they just get refunded. Is this how NCL works?

Thanks for all replies!

Hello All,

I am sailing on my first NCL cruise in a few days. If while on board, I purchase two future cruise credits, but then do not choose to use them, do I receive a refund? In other words:

$500 in future cruise credits

-$250 OBC credit for current sailing

=$250 True Credit = the refund I would get if I cancel

On other lines, if I don't use the credits in a certain time frame, they just get refunded. Is this how NCL works?

Thanks for all replies!

I believe they are non refundable, you must use them within 4 years of the date you purchased, but you can give them to people or "sell" them.

How do you go about transferring them?

You call the cruise rewards office with your latitudes number and the latitudes number of the person who is getting it. If they haven't sailed NCL before, they can still sign up for a latitudes number before sailing

I bought a Future Cruise Certificate from a friend who wasn't sailing on NCL anymore and got it transferred to my account and it was before my first NCL sailing

I also bought 2 cruise next ultimate certificates on board he getaway in sept and transferred one to a friend who is going to sail with us in Jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any experience using these as a UK person? How do you use the certificate- do they convert it to £, or do you have to somehow book through the US agent (which I thought we weren't allowed to do)?

Did this last week on the Epic and yes they do convert it to £. The $250 deposit was converted to £165 on the invoice emailed to us. What's more, they automatically pass the booking to the travel agent you used on your current cruise. I instructed them not to do this as I was not happy with the TA. When I checked the email they had still involved the agent. I had to go back and make sure they informed the UK office that I did not to use that TA. Make sure you inform them when you purchase the cert of your plan to use a TA in the US.

Did this last week on the Epic and yes they do convert it to £. The $250 deposit was converted to £165 on the invoice emailed to us. What's more, they automatically pass the booking to the travel agent you used on your current cruise. I instructed them not to do this as I was not happy with the TA. When I checked the email they had still involved the agent. I had to go back and make sure they informed the UK office that I did not to use that TA. Make sure you inform them when you purchase the cert of your plan to use a TA in the US.

Seems like a pretty good exchange rate! I'm going on my first cruise on the Epic so as long as we like it I plan on purchasing one of these. I don't use a TA though so I imagine the booking will just stay with NCL. Thanks for the info!

Hope you enjoy the Epic. It's a love it or hate it ship we found. As this was our 3rd cruise on Epic you can see where we stand. Also remember that if you book a cruise onboard as opposed to buying a future cruise cert. you can make one change free of charge. So if you book, for instance, a cruise on the Jade for 2016 and you get the UBP included, then you see something you like better, you can change to the new cruise or even transfer it to someone else and still keep the UBP.

Edited by sandancer

I have already booked for the escape next summer but am going on the epic at Xmas. If I bought 2 certificates whilst onboard can I use them to pay towards my cruise on the escape & get my onboard credit for Xmas? Or do u actually have to use the certificates when u book?
You can buy 2 deposits at Christmas, no problem. When you get back, call NCL and ask them to apply one of them to your Escape booking. (They normally only allow one deposit per stateroom, so if you have two cabins booked, you can apply both deposits.) I have done this a couple of times, so I know it has been possible in the very recent past. If they absolutely won't let you do it, or if they say you have to cancel and rebook and you don't want to do that, you can ask for the deposits to be refunded within 30 days of purchase. But I think your plan will work fine.

I am sailing on my first NCL cruise in a few days. If while on board, I purchase two future cruise credits, but then do not choose to use them, do I receive a refund?

They are refundable if you ask within 30 days of purchasing them. After that, as aubreyc1988 explained, it's use it or lose it, or transfer to someone else who can use it.