Ahhh The Island Escape inigma ..what to do next year.

Getting this one out of the way 1st..going out with a bang this year as already done 3 and 2 more to go to give the old girl the send off she deserves and the last cruise of the year will be very emotional I think but still looking forward to meeting Escapees from over the years, to date there will be over 100 from our FB site meeting up. :o:o

SDC Wit lost that with age I think :o:o and FB senior advisor..ha ha after this year my FB account will be no longer. we have built up a good following 4k+ but when the fat lady starts singing that will be it :D

Hi,

RR,Linda,,and Sheila,am dinky doo :D

What did Berwyn do?

Cruised on Maj last year just for a week,on her again this November for Mrs Jim The Scot special birthday and just booked a week in Son Matias/ week on Discivery for next year

Never been on the forum for sooooo long.No excuse and I daresay some will saying thank Christ :D

Edited by Jim The Scot

Good to hear from you RR - you're certainly making the most of this season though I can imagine it's tinged with sadness. Still, onwards and upwards - what next? Don't keep us in the dark - will be interesting to know where and what you decide to do in the future - and get your feedback too. :)

And hello Jim - good to hear from you too and glad you're still enjoying your travels and got some future trips in the pipe-line. Enjoy - and don't be a stranger - I like to hear about everyone's exploits! ;)

Hi Jim, do you remember when Berwyn disappeared a few years ago and I got nominated to phone him up? :D Since then when anyone goes missing off here I tend to say "Doing a Berwyn" :D

Berwyn, bless him, has just got back from a cruise on Splendour of the Seas and has reported that it is a lovely ship. He has posted some lovely photos on fb. Shall I ask him to post some on here?

I must say that retirement suits him, he looks really well.

Greetings all, long time no see :D

Thought I would pop in and say hello :p

Hello :cool:

RR

Never met you though I was on the IE 4 times, I shall miss the old girl as she was my first intro into cruising. Anyway just spotted your name and thought I would say hello.

Hi there RR... we're just back from two fab weeks on Celebration...some familiar faces from IE on there....the only name I know is Randy from the Island Restaurant and he was really missing IE....there were also a few other familiar faces from the restaurant....

Any news regarding where Ross Roberts might go next year? We reckon he is the best Cruise Director we have ever had.

I'm sure you enjoyed your cruise and you still have another to look forward to!! but where will you go next year?

best wishes to you and Mrs RR :)

Hi Jim, do you remember when Berwyn disappeared a few years ago and I got nominated to phone him up? :D Since then when anyone goes missing off here I tend to say "Doing a Berwyn" :D

Berwyn, bless him, has just got back from a cruise on Splendour of the Seas and has reported that it is a lovely ship. He has posted some lovely photos on fb. Shall I ask him to post some on here?

I must say that retirement suits him, he looks really well.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that Berwyn had trouble logging back into CC and gave up.

I had the same problem at the time and have been unable to comment on here for a few weeks recently and then without any reason I can again. :rolleyes::confused:

Hi there RR... we're just back from two fab weeks on Celebration...some familiar faces from IE on there....the only name I know is Randy from the Island Restaurant and he was really missing IE....there were also a few other familiar faces from the restaurant....

Hi Jenny, glad you had a good time on the Celebration. The Ventura cruise in September is getting dearer by the day (strange!) so looking at other alternatives, maybe the Celebration. We haven't been on her for a few years, but glad to hear she is still a lovely ship :)

Hello Linda.....we hadn't been on Celebration since her refurb and were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom was lovely, having been completely retiled and new shower fitment over the bath, we did have a deluxe cabin which was huge...same layout as before but very spacious and lots of storage...the only problem was we could hear our neighbours talking, so not good soundproofing...food was excellent and entertainment was good apart from one guest comedian (so called) who was awful.

Itinerary was superb and although it was not a cheap cruise we felt it was good value....we especially liked the fact we didn't see our luggage from check in until it arrived in our cabin.....also from when we put it outside our cabin until it appeared on the carousel at our home airport!!

Your Ventura one does seem pricey (assuming Canaries one) may still come down though, we have booked as late as six weeks before and got a good deal but you can never predict. Good luck !! :)

Hello Linda.....we hadn't been on Celebration since her refurb and were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom was lovely, having been completely retiled and new shower fitment over the bath, we did have a deluxe cabin which was huge...same layout as before but very spacious and lots of storage...the only problem was we could hear our neighbours talking, so not good soundproofing...food was excellent and entertainment was good apart from one guest comedian (so called) who was awful.

Itinerary was superb and although it was not a cheap cruise we felt it was good value....we especially liked the fact we didn't see our luggage from check in until it arrived in our cabin.....also from when we put it outside our cabin until it appeared on the carousel at our home airport!!

Your Ventura one does seem pricey (assuming Canaries one) may still come down though, we have booked as late as six weeks before and got a good deal but you can never predict. Good luck !! :)

Celebration one has come down £300 :) so looks like Celebration it will be. I went to the TA yesterday and she said she could match the internet price plus £25, so said I would go back Monday when building society is open so I can get cheque as we have to pay the full amount. Going to book on the net ;);)

Yes I think the Ventura is pricey, considering there are no flights involved and we have been to the Canaries a few times. I think you could get two weeks in the Caribbean for the amount they want, and that includes two long flights.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that Berwyn had trouble logging back into CC and gave up.

I had the same problem at the time and have been unable to comment on here for a few weeks recently and then without any reason I can again. :rolleyes::confused:

Is anyone else finding that the "Read First Unread" button is not working on here?

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Is anyone else finding that the "Read First Unread" button is not working on here?

Me too for quite some time. I always use that button so find it frustrating. I am going to the bottom of each post now and scrolling up to the last one I think I have read.

Gill.

Celebration one has come down £300 :) so looks like Celebration it will be. I went to the TA yesterday and she said she could match the internet price plus £25, so said I would go back Monday when building society is open so I can get cheque as we have to pay the full amount. Going to book on the net ;);)

Yes I think the Ventura is pricey, considering there are no flights involved and we have been to the Canaries a few times. I think you could get two weeks in the Caribbean for the amount they want, and that includes two long flights.

I would go for Celebration then........she was adults only as well which is always a bonus!!! although I don't know if that will be the case when you want to go.....we liked all the improvements with lounge furniture outside the Lido restaurant and the posh sun beds on what was the sports court....but there was little or no shade up there so we tended to use sun beds on the prom deck......still some shabby sun beds that need getting rid of!! we also liked the soft furnishings in the cabin and public areas.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed!! :)

Mine doesn't work either, Linda. Also, most of the time the page keeps slipping and I'm unable to read it. Maybe because I am using an iPad. :(