I am So Sick of This Scam! Ramada

AFT_LOVER

I took them up on their offer. DH and I needed someplace to get married. We had never been on a vacation before and wanted someplace cheap to take the kids.(tOGETHER WE HAVE 4)

We flew down to FLL and stayed there for 3 nights--Holiday Inn-FLL. (4 kids, so 2 separate rooms). Got married in a small chapel. Oldest son and daughter (previous marriage) were the best man and maid of honor.

Went on the Imperial Majesty's Ocean Breeze for our first cruise. We parked next to some mega ship from RCCL in Nassau. I said to DH, I am going to go home and book something on that because we had such fun on the Ocean Breeze....(Now we call it "the ferry to Nassau").

We then drove up to Disney and stopped along the way at some tourist place that got us rooms at the Animal Kingdom for next to nothing if we went on a timeshare talk. (The package gave us the Ramada). Did the timeshare talk...no big deal, just keep saying, "no thank you". and went on our way, plus talked them into some free tickets.

We didn't pay more than 1000.00 total for the 10 days or so and we had to get two rooms everywhere. It was great and hooked us on cruising. That was 4 years ago and we are working on Diamond with RCCL, not to mention we have cruised 3 times on Carnival, twice on NCL and once on Princess.

It's not all bad, but then I am a good negotiator and didn't cave at their first offer. Just keep asking for more stuff for less $$$.

BTW, I had never been on a vacation before this, too busy living to work. Getting ready to go on our third cruise this year, this time to the med for 12 nights. Vacations are great and if you can work these time share talks to your advantage, you are the one that saves some cash...just remember..."no thank you" and NO small talk with the rep!

Archived