Upsale question

Hey everyone, let me start by saying thanks to all you fellow CC members for all the help you been. We are currently booked in a Balcony stateroom BD/10866. If in the event we get contacted for an upsale, is there any rhyme or reason as to what you are offered. Do you only get offered a one level move up or is it more like what they have open to move you into is what is offered.:D

If you look at the NCL website daily, you can find your own up sell. You don't have to wait to be offered an up sell. The prices fluctuate quite a bit and you may find an incredible bargain. BUT before you upgrade, ask this question:

If I upgrade will I lose any perks I have with my current cabin?

I went from Penthouse to 1 bedroom Villa on the Jade for a very small amount by keeping track of prices however I lost my OBC. But, the Villa was so outstanding it was worth it!

I got an upsell email today and upgraded.

Our cruise is in 2 days and the upsell was for balcony room for just $100 pp

That was a really good deal - the current price difference between what we paid and what the new booking price for balcony is $270 pp

Just this morning, I was able to upgrade fron an obstructed view to a balcony for less than $400 total for my cruise in August. Plus, they increased my OBC and applied my AARP discount since I used it when I booked the cruise. You just never know.