Disembarkation timing

tlking66

Hello we are taking a med cruise in September on the Epic and one of the ports is Civitavecchia, we are needing to get into Rome so we are looking at taking the fast track train which leaves at 9;30am, the ship gets into port at 7am, has anyone taken this cruise or docked in this port or maybe just knows the answer of how long it will take to get off the ship. Would love to be able to get off in time to even catch a shared cab into Rome instead of waiting for the 9:30 train.

Tracy

There is a free shuttle bus which now takes you to a small bus station, not the port gates as before.

this will add another 10 minutes walking to the station.

there was a bus service from this drop off point, to the station, but cannot comment on it as we got there at mid day. just to walk around Civitavecchia and there was no sign of the railway station bus.

Another thing to remember there was 5 ships in the port so a lot of people trying to get to the station.

would recommend you check the Meet and Mingle group for like minded travellers.

Spirit was charging $119.99 each for Rome on your own and they wonder why passengers DIY.

ENJOY THE CRUISE

J

PS if you go by train validate the ticket before you board and this ticket allows you to use the buses and Metro in Rome. Beware of pickpockets and leave valuables on board.

There is a free shuttle bus which now takes you to a small bus station

Is this outside the port?

Back in 2013 I sailed from Rome and what I saw was a bus station inside the port that would take you to each ship for free. I had to walk from the train station to the port.

Is this outside the port?

Back in 2013 I sailed from Rome and what I saw was a bus station inside the port that would take you to each ship for free. I had to walk from the train station to the port.

this has closed and was by the fort (now a garden) and you are now dropped off at a small terminal and it is about 10 minutes along the main road which get back to the original fort entrance then onto the station.

there was supposed to be a bus to the station but we never saw it. there is a tourist information kiosk and the buses have the cruise ship names on them.

hope it helps