Prohibition Event on RCCl Oasis of the Seas?

Has anyone attended the Prohibition Event that takes place on The Oasis of the Seas in Jazz on 4? I don't think this event was offered the last time I was on The Oasis of the Seas last year, if so I completely missed it. Anyone attended this????

? How was it?

? Did ppl dress the part (1920's)??

? Drinks?

? Musis?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

We did it in March and it was a lot of fun. I would say 90% of the people had some form of 1920's dress. Just a couple of accessories will do. The drinks are gin based served in tea cups. I recall there were three different drinks and they brought one of each to you. We were late so we got all three at the same time. Also, the door was shut and not marked in any way so we had to hunt around for a way to get in, so get there on time.

The music was outstanding and they played a few party games for RCCL swag. The M/C (can't recall her name) was supper high energy and lots of fun.

We reserved it in advance because tickets are limited to about 100. It hadn't been offered on Oasis for very long so it wasn't hard to get tickets onboard. However, I would guess after it gets more well known that might change. It's only $35 PP so even if you don't go you are not out that much.

We did it in March and it was a lot of fun. I would say 90% of the people had some form of 1920's dress. Just a couple of accessories will do. The drinks are gin based served in tea cups. I recall there were three different drinks and they brought one of each to you. We were late so we got all three at the same time. Also, the door was shut and not marked in any way so we had to hunt around for a way to get in, so get there on time.

The music was outstanding and they played a few party games for RCCL swag. The M/C (can't recall her name) was supper high energy and lots of fun.

We reserved it in advance because tickets are limited to about 100. It hadn't been offered on Oasis for very long so it wasn't hard to get tickets onboard. However, I would guess after it gets more well known that might change. It's only $35 PP so even if you don't go you are not out that much.

Yes all drinks are Gin based with lemonade, iced tea or juice. My wife asked for something different and the waiter just brought it. You will get an invite & pin delivered to your stateroom with a code word on the matchbox the pin is in, that will let you into Jazz. It was a lot of fun. :D

Just off Oasis and we did the Prohibition event. It was fun. Most ppl dressed up. You get a pin and invitation delivered to your stateroom and they take you in through the crew door. 40 ppl or so in our group. They served drinks in coffee cups (lemonade, punch, other juice mixed with what I thought was vodka or gin). They kept them coming. A few canapes to nibble on. The host did a couple of "dance lessons" and then there were a couple of contests, including best dressed. Jazz band played music that wasn't quite of the prohibition era, but was still fun. The event concluded around midnight and then we went for pizza and then up to the DJ event in Solarium. Fun night overall and worth the $30. But there are also plenty of no charge entertainment options every night, so if you aren't guzzling the included drinks, you may not think it's a good value for the price paid.

Boleros and Atlas Pub were also fun with live music and no cover charge.

Have fun!!!

I went to the first two ever. One everyone dress up the second one not as many. Both were fun. I had a side car and something else. They run it different now because of the comment that we made back then. I'm glad they brought it back as it was fun. The drinks are all prohibition type drink but they will get you something different if you really want.

Edited by CaptData

If you signed up it should show in your cruise planner as to which night it is. It will actually block out two days as it goes past midnight. If I recall correctly ours was on Thursday.

I know it was the night after our last formal night as I was going to wearing some of my tux as part of my 1920's attire; except they came and picked it up the day of prohibition.