Regal balcony question

coconutmonkey

I have never sailed on the Regal and am considering booking. Its for a BW obstructed balcony guarantee at a sharp price.

My questions are: Is the table on the balcony big enough to have breakfast for 2 plates on it? Can we eat meals here? Is the obstruction the top of life boats or is it metal railings?

Any other considerations for Regal pros and cons would be appreciated. I have sailed all the other classes of Princess ships.

Thanks so much!

I have never sailed on the Regal and am considering booking. Its for a BW obstructed balcony guarantee at a sharp price.

My questions are: Is the table on the balcony big enough to have breakfast for 2 plates on it? Can we eat meals here? Is the obstruction the top of life boats or is it metal railings?

Any other considerations for Regal pros and cons would be appreciated. I have sailed all the other classes of Princess ships.

Thanks so much!

Since you aren't booking a specific cabin and instead a guarantee nobody here would be able to look into their crystal ball to see what cabin you will receive in order to tell you what the obstruction will be. So with that I give you a resounding it depends.

Since you aren't booking a specific cabin and instead a guarantee nobody here would be able to look into their crystal ball to see what cabin you will receive in order to tell you what the obstruction will be. So with that I give you a resounding it depends.

I probably did not word my question clearly enough. If I do not get an upgrade from the BW category, will the obstruction be life boats or metal railings? Thanks for replying.

Looks like BW is confined to emerald deck so you will definitely have life boats in play. There are several BW cabins nearer the front of the ship that look to not be impacted by lifeboats looking directly out of the balcony so those may have a slightly better view.

You can view photos of the Regal on CC. As I remember from a December cruise on the Regal, the table is a small (approximately 15-18 inch diameter) table that is more of an end table. Seems like I used it to prop my feet up...

This is a bit of a generalization but will apply to the majority of those BW cabins: the obstruction will be lifeboats and lifeboat davits. But, more to the point of your question about dining possibilities, all those balconies are extremely narrow and the table on them is very low and very small. You could probably fit a couple of small saucers on the table, but likely not full plates. Here is a link to a picture of an example of such a balcony

Hope that helps.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

• 4 weeks later...

Good day, You seem so knowledgeable so I was wondering if either of you know anything about BD Cabin Baja 704 (Portside) or 705 (starboard). We booked a port side and was wonderful for a Carib. cruise with only 3 ports (rest are sea days) which might be better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Safe sails.

Good day, You seem so knowledgeable so I was wondering if either of you know anything about BD Cabin Baja 704 (Portside) or 705 (starboard). We booked a port side and was wonderful for a Carib. cruise with only 3 ports (rest are sea days) which might be better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Safe sails.

Those cabins are virtually identical, so it would depend on other factors to determine which one was "better" for you, personally.

For instance, we often enjoy sitting on our balcony and watching the sunset, so will usually look at the itinerary (including the map with direction the ship will be sailing indicated by arrows) and determine which side faces in a westerly direction the most days.

If you are early risers and would like to see the sunrise, you could do the reverse.

People often ask which side of the ship is better in port, but this is almost impossible to answer because the ships can dock in various positions and configurations and, so , are not necessarily in the same spot with every visit.

If there are other considerations that are of interest to you, feel free to ask and I'm sure we'll be happy to help, but with the cabins being identical, it really comes down to intangibles of personal preference that would be the determining factor for you. :)

Hope that helps.