Malaga- Picasso Museum

Ecuador

I have been many times. It is a good collection presented in a very pleasant and well located museum.

I highly recommend the museum for anyone with an interest in art. The venue is very pleasant with a nice café.

I think many are surprised to find the archeology exhibit on the lower level that while having nothing to do with Picasso, has Phoenician, Roman and Moorish artifacts dating back to the 7th century B.C.

http://www.museopicassomalaga.org/en/history-mpm

• 3 weeks later...
I have been many times. It is a good collection presented in a very pleasant and well located museum.

I highly recommend the museum for anyone with an interest in art. The venue is very pleasant with a nice café.

I think many are surprised to find the archeology exhibit on the lower level that while having nothing to do with Picasso, has Phoenician, Roman and Moorish artifacts dating back to the 7th century B.C.

http://www.museopicassomalaga.org/en/history-mpm

I will be in Malaga in April and have a tapas tour booked for 12pm was planning on visiting the Museum before hand, do you think an hour and a half is enough time?

I will be in Malaga in April and have a tapas tour booked for 12pm was planning on visiting the Museum before hand, do you think an hour and a half is enough time?

For me, it certainly is enough time. The permanent collection is basic and limited. I had a niece visit me though that managed to stay several hours, reading each and every description.

They do tend to get a small line for tickets that can take up to a half hour. Wait until about a month out and book a ticket online. That way the Spring special exposition will be announced and you can decide if you want the combo ticket or just the permanent collection.

For me, it certainly is enough time. The permanent collection is basic and limited. I had a niece visit me though that managed to stay several hours, reading each and every description.

They do tend to get a small line for tickets that can take up to a half hour. Wait until about a month out and book a ticket online. That way the Spring special exposition will be announced and you can decide if you want the combo ticket or just the permanent collection.

thank you so much for your insight. My plan is to be there at 10am, when they open, spend a good hour/ hour and half there and then head over to my Tapas tasting tour.

I'll be sure to pre-book my ticket :D:D:D