The 'Pool Police' are alive and well on the Sun Princess!

Toto2Kansas

Winding down our last full day onboard the Sun Princess and am happy to report that the 'pool police' are doing their job, finally.

No more saving of pool chairs by one member in a group. The minute they come out and start throwing down those towels or books to save all those chairs for later in the morning, the pool police are right there to remove them. They are finally upholding their rules of NO 'chair hogs' and it is so refreshing to see. The 15 minute rule applys, if you leave your chair for over 15 minutes for any reason, your belongings will be removed to free up the chair. So no more going to lunch, trivia, or anything else or your chair will not be there when you return.

For those that I promised pics of the AC mini suites, I have them and will post them within a few days of arriving home. The mini is great except for a few problems with the size and storage, especially in the bathroom area. Will fill you all in when we return home.

Ship is great, weather has been totally perfect from start to finish. Never have I cruised this time of year without even a drop of rain the entire 10 days.

Sorry to see it end, that is for sure.

Sun Princess March 30th, 2004

Tahitian October 14th,2004

I think this is great icon_smile.gif

15 minutes is a little short, though. 30 minutes would have been better. icon_smile.gif

but, at least it's happening

Upcoming Cruises

Voyager of the Seas in August 2004

Diamond Princess in February 2005

Glad you're having such a great trip! We leave in a few weeks - can't wait. I never read much in the way of negatives about the Sun Princess. This will be our first time on this line. I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions of the ship.

CCL Holiday 2000

CCL Elation 2001

CCL Pride 2002

CCL Ecstacy 2003

RCL AOS 2003

Sun Princess May 14 2004!!

Glad to hear that Princess is stepping up to the "chair hogs" - we were on the Sun in early February (great cruise) and the chair hogs were in abundance - 95% of the chairs were always covered with a towel and paperback book from the library ( The CD was asking people to return books to the library) and you could maybe count less than 50 people in the pool or hot tubs.

NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA Oct. 2004

SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean

REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska

REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico

REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal

PACIFIC PRINCESS 1999 Europe

SUN PRINCESS 1998 Caribbean

ROYAL PRINCESS 1996 Panama Canal

That is great. When we were on the Diamond there is a nice place to sun bathe on the back of the ship. We would go back there to have coffee around 6:00 a.m and there were people putting towels, books, etc. on all of the chairs. No one did anything about it. The towels would be on the chairs for hours!

Great news...we were on Sun in Feb and the chair hogs TRIED to do their thing but many of us simply moved their towels, books, lotions etc to the edge of the pool! You should have seen their faces when they returned after HOURS of being away! PRICELESS!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure Martian Mania Madness!!!!

Chris

MamaTene@aol.com

Hey Tot - thanks for the report. As I reported, the signs were up on the 3/20 cruise - as well as notices in the Patter - but there didn't seem to be any policing of the areas. Good to hear they're following up on what they've posted.

Sounds like you're having a great trip as did I. I'm telling ya...I miss being there! Hurry home - there are lots of discussions for you to chime in on icon_biggrin.gif

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Dress codes don't bother me at all compared to those chair pigs. Thanks for reporting in Toto.

I am going to miss the reaction icon_mad.gif when I remove those towels though. icon_wink.gif

Gerry

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi Toto,

Looking forward to hearing about the AC mini suite. We leave in 2 days on the Dawn in a AC mini suite and look forward to your comments.

Thanks!!

Richard

Norwegian Dream Mediterranean/Holy Lands 10/99

Carnival Holiday Ensenada 1/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 10/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 4/01

Windspirit Costa Rica 1/02

Windsurf Southern Caribbean 1/03

Tahitian Princess Tahiti 10/03

4/11/04 Dawn Princess Southern Caribbean Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/14/04 Tahitian Princess Polynesia/Cook Islands

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

12/23/04 Dawn Princess Western Caribbean Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Richard and Debbie,

I want to go again too! There were no to only a handful of chair hogs on the Dawn. On sea day there was plenty of front row pool chairs till 9am with empty seats at 11am. One day in port I had the pool to just myself till 11 am for scuba training. Almost no one in the chairs.

John

Toto, thanks for the info on the "chair hogs." Glad to see that rule is finally being reinforced!

Sorry we missed cruising with you by 2 weeks! We leave on the Sun on the 19th off April and will be joined by Rick and Bel - can't wait to see them again.

Take care and thanks again for the info!

Janice

Recently noticed that there were little signs on stands at the bottom of each stairway surrounding the main pool asking passengers not to leave lounges unattended for more than 30 minutes. I never had occasion to drag the sign over to anyone as a reminder -- there are a lot of lounges if you aren't too picky. It helps, also, that there are notices about citing a $20 charge for unreturned beach towels.

J

Archived