Virtual Balconies

How are the virtual balconies on Anthem of the Seas (or Quantum even)? How was it? My husband and I are looking to book the October 29, 2016 cruise and we're debating if its worth saving the $800. We have cruised in interiors before, but our last 3 cruises have been in balconies. Our ultimate strategy would be to upgrade if prices went down after final payment, but we want to make sure we'll be happy if that isn't an option.

Edited by faeriedust101

First, you need to decide what you liked about the each of the rooms. My husband and I usually stay in the interior rooms. We like the interior for the cost and do not spend a lot of time in our rooms. We've had balcony rooms before and couldn't justify spending the extra. LOVED the virtual balcony room on the Quantum. The room was larger compared to other interior rooms we've had in the past and the virtual window was sort of fun. We have booked same room on Anthem, Fall 2016.

How are the virtual balconies on Anthem of the Seas (or Quantum even)? How was it? My husband and I are looking to book the October 29, 2016 cruise and we're debating if its worth saving the $800. We have cruised in interiors before, but our last 3 cruises have been in balconies. Our ultimate strategy would be to upgrade if prices went down after final payment, but we want to make sure we'll be happy if that isn't an option.

Hi there! I have seen the virtual balconies but haven't actually stayed in one. The cabins are pretty spacious, and the illusion is actually really nice. Plus, I like "white noise" when I sleep, and these offer that option. Here's a blog we ran on Cruise Critic about the virtual balconies on Navigator of the Seas, if you're interested in a little more information.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2014/02/13/live-from-navigator-of-the-seas-a-first-look-at-virtual-balconies/

Either way, I hope you enjoy Anthem of the Seas. It's a beautiful ship with a lot to keep you busy!

Colleen

We stayed in a virtual balcony on Navigator, and loved it! It was a nice room and the screen makes it feel less closed up than an interior. We did the virtual room after doing balcony rooms the previous 2 cruises. We didn't really miss the balcony, but it depends on how often you go out on the balcony or just use it for the light and openness. We're going to try a promenade room in September, we're happy to use the money we save on fantastic excursions!