Table request

SportsMomof4

One of my son's favorite things is going to the MDR & see the waiters sing & dance every night. Last cruise we were stuck in the lower level in the back corner & he never saw a thing. He was so disappointed every night :(

Who do I get int touch with to request a table in the main area to be able to see? Do I contact the maitre d direct or is that a John Heald request?

Don't bother John Heald with this, please. Can you imagine if even 500 people from your cruise wrote him with the same request? On embarkation day, go to see the Maitre'd (after checking your table location first) and ask nicely if he can accommodate your request. If all else fails, you will know when the dancing is about to start, take your son and walk to an area where he can see.

Like Shonuf says, your best bet is to visit the Maitre'd on embarkation day. Check with the guest services desk, or take a look at the "Fun Times", to check when, and where he'll be. (Depending on which ship you're sailing, he's almost always at the forward dining room, starting at 1 P.M. or so.) Chances are excellent that you'll already have a good table for viewing the dancing, or he can move you into a GREAT table. Bon Voyage! ;)

"SKY"

You can also try emailing the ship's Maitre'd the week before your cruise with your request (I'd include the reason as well :) ) They normally don't reply back even if they have taken care of your request ,,, so double check in the Dining Room as soon as you board the ship to be sure it's OK.

I copied the info below posted on a thread a few weeks ago:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Maitre'd emails :

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Don't bother John Heald with this, please. Can you imagine if even 500 people from your cruise wrote him with the same request? On embarkation day, go to see the Maitre'd (after checking your table location first) and ask nicely if he can accommodate your request. If all else fails, you will know when the dancing is about to start, take your son and walk to an area where he can see.

Since JH encourages people to ask him for this I see no reason not to ask.

Than if not satisfied with table go see MD after embarkation.

I don't see any reason you can't ask JH about this, as he encourages people to ask him for requests like this. In fact, he would rather you ask him than email the Maitre'd. I would say go ahead and ask!

Wow - I would never bother John with something like this - could you imagine if even 10 families per cruise per ship did this? He would be spending his day micro managing for the Maitre' Ds... just seems like a lot to add to his plate. I personally wouldn't even IM the Maitre' D though to be honest and would just check it out when we boarded if it was that important to me (which I get why it would be in your case) and talk to the Maitre D if there was a problem with where they had set us.

Wow - I would never bother John with something like this - could you imagine if even 10 families per cruise per ship did this? He would be spending his day micro managing for the Maitre' Ds... just seems like a lot to add to his plate. I personally wouldn't even IM the Maitre' D though to be honest and would just check it out when we boarded if it was that important to me (which I get why it would be in your case) and talk to the Maitre D if there was a problem with where they had set us.

When JH asks people not to ask for a particular table we will stop making requests. Until than see no reason not to ask him.

If you dont want to "bother" him that is your choice but dont think you should be telling others not to.

Indeed - which is why I worded it the way I did and made clear it is my choice to be thoughtful of other people. Nowhere did I tell her not to do it, or anyone else for that matter. It is certainly anyone's choice on what they want to do, just pointing out that sometimes people don't stop to consider that John is very kind and helpful but also busy.

No skin off my teeth if anyone contacts him for these types of things, go for it if it makes you happy. :)

Indeed - which is why I worded it the way I did and made clear it is my choice to be thoughtful of other people. Nowhere did I tell her not to do it, or anyone else for that matter. It is certainly anyone's choice on what they want to do, just pointing out that sometimes people don't stop to consider that John is very kind and helpful but also busy.

No skin off my teeth if anyone contacts him for these types of things, go for it if it makes you happy. :)

John doesn't help people simply because he is kind... He isn't a volunteer. He does what he does because he has a job. His job is customer satisfaction. Either he or Carnival believe that asking people to submit such requests and helping people with these things are good for customer satisfaction. I would imagine that it would be easier for Carnival to know this request prior to the cruise. It seems that it would be easier to put someone at a good table as opposed to having to move them during the cruise. That would require moving someone else out of the table.

Actually Shonuf is the one who asked people not to bother John with requests like this.

John doesn't help people simply because he is kind... He isn't a volunteer. He does what he does because he has a job. His job is customer satisfaction. Either he or Carnival believe that asking people to submit such requests and helping people with these things are good for customer satisfaction. I would imagine that it would be easier for Carnival to know this request prior to the cruise. It seems that it would be easier to put someone at a good table as opposed to having to move them during the cruise. That would require moving someone else out of the table.

Fair enough - I just don't see his job as being a liaison between cruisers and maitre D's. Or every other minor detail of a person's cruise for that matter. And if everyone who cruised felt like you do, there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for him to handle it. But as I said, no skin off my teeth, and if it makes you feel better go for it. :)