Time frame in Xunantunich

margaritaville momma

I know that the ride is 2 hours each way but I'm curious as to how long you actually get to spend at Xunantunich. We are booking through Carnival.

I'd like to say you get about 1.5 hours at Zunantunich. The drive there goes really fast. The guides are great with explaining Belize, explaining what you are seeing outside and answering questions. You come to a small stall market and river where you are transported across on foot by a hand cranked ferry. Then into Jeeps to transfer up the hill. There's washrooms and a snack shop where the jeeps stop and you walk to the ruins. About 5 minutes. We followed the guide around explaining the history of the ruins and climbed to the top. To be honest, with the heat it felt like enough time. I was eager to get out of the sun. There is some shade but not a lot. Back the way we came to the bus. Then on to an outside restaurant for chicken, rice and beans. It was great to sit in the shade and relax. Most slept on the way back. It was a long day but it was so worth it!