Chef's Table - Price, time, date, photos ?

Just booked the Freedom OTS for August. We've enjoyed the Chef's Table on Carnival several times (all versions of their menu).

We also booked it once on Princess, after hearing how "wonderful" their's was. They, however, did not make it easy. You first have to put your name on a list once onboard (we were the first two on there) and then have to wait to find out: IF you've been selected, and if so what night it will be on. We had made reservations for some specialty dining and had plans for the ports. On our night in Curacao (4th or 5th night of cruise?) we had booked an "Ultimate Balcony Dining" (UBD) experience to enjoy on our aft wrap. The day before we got word that the Chef's Table was a "go" and that we were on the list.

In the end we opted to skip the Chef's Table and go forward with our UBD plans. The thing which really swayed us was the whole "mystery" around the Chef's Table to begin with. I'm sure that they have some sailings where they don't hit the threshold needed to hold the event - and I can understand that.

--------------

Now... on to my questions regarding the Chef's Table on the Freedom...

> Is it known in advance what night it will be on?

> What is the price and how many guests usually attend? With Carnival they have a limit of (roughly) 14 people - though I've seen some slight variability.

> What time does it usually start, and how long does it typically last?

> What's the cost?

> Anyone have photos ?

> Is there a current menu available?

THANKS !

Tom

We just did it on Vision & Splendour. It starts at 6.30pm & you can choose which night you'd like it for. For vision, we booked it online, but then joined it up with three other speciality restaurants & got a free night at Chops too.

We paid $99 for Chefs Table, Izumi & Chops on Splendour as a deal while onboard- (they don't have Giavanni's).

There's up to 12 (sometimes 14) people total.

Both lasted more than three hours.

I've got the menu & pics coming up in my ongoing review if you wanted to see them? :-)

I did not think they were offering Chef's Table on Freedom and Voyager Class ships. This might have changed with the recent revitalization of Freedom though.

Is it listed under dining on your Cruise Planner?

I did not think they were offering Chef's Table on Freedom and Voyager Class ships. This might have changed with the recent revitalization of Freedom though.

Is it listed under dining on your Cruise Planner?

Just went in and looked. The options are:

> Chops Grille California Vineyard

> Giovanni's Table

> Chops Grille

> Sabor Modern Mexican

The "Chops Grille California Vineyard" ($74.50) sounds interesting. Anyone here enjoyed that? Not a Chef's Table, but perhaps worth a try! We've doing something very similar to this on Celebrity a few times - their wine pairing menu in Murano (or similar on various ships). The first time we enjoyed that the wine with the entree was Château Lafite Rothschild - the meal was amazing! On subsequent sailings that wine was nowhere in sight! Oh, and they did away with the harpist as well...

Tom