Building an AIR wardrobe

And what the heck? Looking at the pic what happened to my eyebrows? Is it normal for them to thin out as you get older? I don't see so well anymore, so I havent plucked them in years and years. Doesn't look like there's much there for an eyebrow wax!

And what the heck? Looking at the pic what happened to my eyebrows? Is it normal for them to thin out as you get older? I don't see so well anymore, so I havent plucked them in years and years. Doesn't look like there's much there for an eyebrow wax!

Yea, and I'm highlighting my head to try to cover the grays that are attacking. Because I have very vocal immediate family members, I am self-conscious about my lily-white legs. I think we are our worse critics, maybe?

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/2014/07/starting-from-scratch-summer-wardrobe.html

This post may not be the right colors for you, but helps explain the process to mix and match, I think. There are several AIR wardrobes to look at on the linked website. I agree with Anita, I don't follow exactly, but you might take items you already have and purchase a few AIR items to give you a cohesive travel wardrobe with not too much expense. For heaven sakes, some of those clothes must be VERY NICE! They sure are expensive. The ideas are what I love to look at. Use what she calls "Labels" on the far right side to poke around in different color capsules.

Depending upon how long your cruise is, your black dress may be the only dressy item you need to take if you use jewelry one night and a pretty scarf another. I've picked up scarves in drugstores, Dollar General and truck stops that I thought were very pretty.

I noticed that you said you have a sundress. I usually wear a sundress to dinner on a non-formal night and then wear it the next day or later for a day dress/cover-up. As cool as the ship is, those couple of hours that night, doesn't constitute dirty clothes to me. YMMV

Granny, there are several ideas like that we'd be glad to give you. Just let us know how we can help after the girls here get your colors nailed down.

http://www.12blueprints.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Turquoisesforweb.jpg

Try looking at this for your turquoise. I'm not trying to make this more difficult, but there are several different versions of a color. Some are bright, some dull, some are soft. You get the idea.

Edited by aoknkentucky
Mistake with link

Marie!

I didn't realize that you lurked on "our" threads without posting. Girlfriend, post!

I hope you return here because I have something to say to you, personally. I have "lurked" on threads where you have posted (so who am I to talk, right?) mostly because I love seeing the pictures of your dresses. You are such an inspiration to me to dress elegantly and have fun with my wardrobe! And, that's what I wanted to say to you! A big THANK YOU for bringing such creativity and fashion flair and to inspire me to get out of my fashion rut and go for some fashion fun on my next cruise!

Awww...Thank you so much. May I call you Pam. Yes, I do lurking on both threads. I really love your, Anita and Laurie trips review. I am looking forward to read more about it.

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

• 3 weeks later...
I'll try some more pics soon. I think the shade of colors is where I'm stuck now. You ladies are awesome! Thanks!

Hey, Granny! We can't have your thread slipping off the first page. Have you had time to get a handle on your best shades of color? Do you have time for an update?