Pride upper deck balcony cabins,esp 5144

I can upgrade from OV to balcony obstructed on upper deck for $100 BUT I have read on CC reviews that the first few lifeboats are larger and obstruct the view straight out, not just looking down. How true and bad is this obstruction? The only available cabins are with the bigger lifeboats. If I really will not be able to see out perhaps I should keep my ocean view. I like fresh air but I also want to see the sea. HELP!

When we were on the Pride in March we were in 5168, which was between the last larger lifeboat and the 1st smaller one. The larger ones are somewhat larger, but not terribly higher than the smaller ones. We spoke to our next door cabin mates a few times, and they said it wasn't bad at all. The tops pretty much come up to the bottom of your balcony, so seeing straight out should be ok. For $100 I would definitely say go for it. You'll be glad you did.

I can upgrade from OV to balcony obstructed on upper deck for $100 BUT I have read on CC reviews that the first few lifeboats are larger and obstruct the view straight out, not just looking down. How true and bad is this obstruction? The only available cabins are with the bigger lifeboats. If I really will not be able to see out perhaps I should keep my ocean view. I like fresh air but I also want to see the sea. HELP!

If you stand, you will be able to see over the lifeboat. You won't have a view when sitting, except for the lifeboat. The other problem with this cabin is it the second one in and you're view will also be partially blocked forwards by cabin 5140's balcony.

If I had a choice, I think I would stay in the OV.

Here is a picture of what the lifeboat looks like in front of the balcony.

7acabin.jpg

Thanks everyone for the speedy replies. Over night the price dropped even more and now I am saving $150 and I got 5186 so it will be a smaller lifeboat. I sail solo so the prices are for me only. And the special includes OBC from Carnival which I did not have before.

Check your prices everyone. I am doing the happy dance.