Fantasy / Port Canavaral Questions, Question, Questions!

JoeTN

So now that I'm forty..two...long...horribly..days..away from my cruise, gotta few specific questions, hopefully some of you previous Fantasy Cruisers will help, if not, at least someone whos been to Port Canavaral ?

First off, on board, I'm trying to figure out when the Formal Evening is gonna be..its only a four day cruise..obviously it won't be the first night, no one will have thier luggage..the second night we'll have just left Freeport, the third night we're in Nassau for 24 hours, so I highly doubt it would be there, and then the fourth night is our sea day, but, its also the last night, so we're thinking they wouldn't do it then. Any ideas ? My guess would be the night leaving Freeport, but who knows ? Hopefully one of you :p

Secondly, whats my best bet for transportation from the Airport to the Port ? On the returntrip, I'm doing the Space Center excursion, which includes getting me back to the airport, so I just need one way. On this one, I'm scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11:10am, same day as departure. I didn't wanna do this, but, with having to move everything up a day caus of sensation, it was my only option with work. Basically I don't wanna spend too much time getting there, so best options for price/time please.

Thanks Guys

~Anxiously Counting Down the Days! :)

We went on the Fantasy four night cruise in August. The Formal night was on the day of your Freeport stop. Its the second night of your cruise.

As for transportation, since the airport is close to 45 min. - 1 hour away, you wouldn't want to go with a taxi. I have heard a lot of good things about Art's Transportation and Tiffany Town cars. I think Mears Transportation can be arranged also. Did you check into Carnivals transportation? Personnally, we rented a small car from Budget at the airport for $30.00 and drove it our hotel the day before sailing. In the morning we drove it to the Budget by the port and their shuttle took us to the pier. Now, we came in the day before and thats was more economical for us. We did the same when we returned. We got off the ship, took Budgets shuttle to their office and took the car to the airport. Again, around $30.00. Since your flying in the day you're departing, I'd probably go with a transportation company. :)

Dh and I will be sailing on the Fantasy on 10/16/05. Second time. Formal night is the night you leave Freeport. Monday Night. As for getiing to port Canaveral,I am not sure. I have read heren the boards about Mears Transportation. Everyone seems to like them/ I am sure someone else will gladly help you with that. We only live abour 3 hours away, so we drive over the day before.stay overnight and park at the terminal. So hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise:) :) :)

We sailed the Glory in April and used Budget but we were there a day early. We did use Mears (Carnival's shuttle) for the return transportation back to the airport. It was very easy and convenient. If you are arriving at 11:10 a.m., by the time you get your luggage and down to level 1 where the busses are, you'll probably be one of the first groups to ride to PC. It's $50 round trip per person for Mears. You can rent a car less than that but if I were coming in the day of, I'd just take the shuttle.

Archived