Booking Speciality Restaurants - UK Site

waverleycruiser

I'm having difficulty booking Murano (Solstice) on the UK site. Seems all available slots are 9.00/9.30pm but perhaps that's because we've left it too late to book and if that's the case then its tough luck on us. Main problems are that I'd like to book Murano twice on the trip but I can't see a way to add another evening - it just wants me to modify the booking I have in my cart, not add a booking. Also, we're meant to get two 'free' SDRs as we've booked a suite but the system wants my credit card details. Any help would be much appreciated!

I think you can only book the suite bonus visits once on-board.

I have managed to book twice at a speciality restaurants easily, So am baffled why you can't, sorry I can't be of better help

Thanks for that. Think I'll pop into the travel agents on Monday and get their take on it too and if we have to wait until we board then fine. Have to say though, the UK website is a nightmare.....

The website is a nightmare, the site assumes you are buying a 3 or 5 dinner package and will only allow you to book Day 1 or Day 2. I contacted Celebrity Cruise Enhancement Dept. (001-800-722-5941) and was able to book any day I wanted, they said the web page has a glitch which is hoped too be resolved soon.

The website is a nightmare, the site assumes you are buying a 3 or 5 dinner package and will only allow you to book Day 1 or Day 2. I contacted Celebrity Cruise Enhancement Dept. (001-800-722-5941) and was able to book any day I wanted, they said the web page has a glitch which is hoped too be resolved soon.

I could see all the days OK, it was just that I couldn't seem to add more than the one booking for one restaurant - and they wanted to charge me!

Seem to be a few 'glitches' on their site. To me its more an advertising web site rather than a user friendly tool for its passengers and increasingly I'll use the .com site to find information.

I'm having difficulty booking Murano (Solstice) on the UK site. Seems all available slots are 9.00/9.30pm but perhaps that's because we've left it too late to book and if that's the case then its tough luck on us. Main problems are that I'd like to book Murano twice on the trip but I can't see a way to add another evening - it just wants me to modify the booking I have in my cart, not add a booking. Also, we're meant to get two 'free' SDRs as we've booked a suite but the system wants my credit card details. Any help would be much appreciated!

Until the introduction of Luminae, we ate every night in the specialty restaurants so I have a lot of experience booking on the UK website.

There is only ever one reservation in each time slot on the website and the reservation CAN [but, not always, are] available well over a year in advance. [NB 7:30 is never an available timeslot]. Because of this, there will always be further reservations available on board.

If you want a particular night but do not like the time slots available online, book one anyway because you will be able to change it on board. Just speak to the specialty dining desk at check-in once you have checked-in and have your seapass card. It is usually situated next to the suite check-in desk.

I am not sure that I have experienced your situation of a reservation you do not want being stuck in your cart but I am sure that I must have done if a started booking the wrong restaurant for a particular night. I know that it is not a user friendly system! If you really want to swap to a different night and cannot get rid of it, I would complete the booking and then immediate cancel it. There may be a few weeks before the cancellation refund hits your credit card BUT it will do.

If you want to reserve the included specialty dining slots pre-cruise, you need to contact Captain's Club and they will do it for you.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Project_gal

Until the introduction of Luminae, we ate every night in the specialty restaurants so I have a lot of experience booking on the UK website.

There is only ever one reservation in each time slot on the website and the reservation CAN [but, not always, are] available well over a year in advance. [NB 7:30 is never an available timeslot]. Because of this, there will always be further reservations available on board.

If you want a particular night but do not like the time slots available online, book one anyway because you will be able to change it on board. Just speak to the specialty dining desk at check-in once you have checked-in and have your seapass card. It is usually situated next to the suite check-in desk.

I am not sure that I have experienced your situation of a reservation you do not want being stuck in your cart but I am sure that I must have done if a started booking the wrong restaurant for a particular night. I know that it is not a user friendly system! If you really want to swap to a different night and cannot get rid of it, I would complete the booking and then immediate cancel it. There may be a few weeks before the cancellation refund hits your credit card BUT it will do.

If you want to reserve the included specialty dining slots pre-cruise, you need to contact Captain's Club and they will do it for you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Sue. I could remove the booking from my cart OK - which I have now done. I called my travel agent to check the other issues out and having phoned Celebrity, she's come back with the same info - book on board! Maybe I will take your advice and call Captains Club though. Celebrity don't make it easy for their passengers do they?!

Hm.. So, after you'd booked the first Tuscan and went in to book another slot, did it behave just as if it was a new booking? In my case it just said 'already in cart' (or similar) and the only option was to 'amend' and then the only thing I could do was to change the date or delete it. Very strange!

I was able to book three SRs, (2xTuscan & 1x Lawn Club) about two weeks ago for my Aug 2015 cruise on Reflection, all at 7.30 pm, so it can be done.

OK - sussed it! I used the 'plan all cruise dining' tab and it brought up a calendar of the whole cruise and it would let me select whatever I wanted there. However, it still wanted to charge me so tried phoning Captains Club, held for 58 minutes, gave up when I realised the call was a not a free phone number and so have emailed my request.

Thanks everyone for your help

OK - sussed it! I used the 'plan all cruise dining' tab and it brought up a calendar of the whole cruise and it would let me select whatever I wanted there. However, it still wanted to charge me so tried phoning Captains Club, held for 58 minutes, gave up when I realised the call was a not a free phone number and so have emailed my request.

Thanks everyone for your help

Try ringing first thing in the morning just as they open.

Try ringing first thing in the morning just as they open.

Celebrity (Captains Club) called me back after receiving my email. Operator (Lisa) was shocked to hear I'd been on hold for 58 minutes before I hung up and said there must have been some malfunction somewhere as she was available to receive calls and hadn't been busy. Upshot is I have now to send my request by email to the Specialty Dining Team (can't get used to spelling it the American way!) Lisa also said if we were charged for the call then Celebrity would reimburse me. Just need 'specialty dining' to confirm they've dealt with my request and then it will be all done and dusted. Thanks again for your help.

Maggie

Maggie

Glad I am not the only one!

Glad you get it sorted as well.

Just to update you all that Specialty Dining got back to me and have made the two complimentary bookings for me. As someone else mentioned, it may be we won't want to leave Luminae once we've experienced it but, we'd like to use the 'complimentary' slots and it gives us a chance to meet even more lovely people. Thanks everyone for your help.