Freedom Lido cabins 9291,9292,9285,9286

klhskygirl

We are thinking of booking 9292 or 9285 on the Freedom. It's on Lido, near pool which we like but am a little concerned about the noise from traffic to and from pool & food. Also, does anyone know what is behind the four cabins? It looks like a box when I look up deck layout so I can't tell what it is. If anyone has stayed in these cabins on Freedom or similar ship, please let me know your experiences. There are a few other interior Lido cabins up toward the front of ship so we do have other options. Just would love to hear your opinions, good and bad:eek: Thanks!!!!

I stayed in 9294 on the Conquest which is the same as on the Freedom.

Location is great. All the action and the food is steps away. When we were hungry late at night there were food options on the Lido deck that took seconds to get to. In regards to noise it was very quiet. There are double doors leading to the Lido deck area and there are also not as many staterooms so there's less people that are walking around in that area. Despite the pools and the food being right there, other passengers (not staying on the Lido deck) wouldn't typically walk through the area where the rooms are.

Im not sure what is behind those interior rooms but from the balcony port side the noise was minimal. I wouldn't worry because again there are double doors leading out to the Lido deck dampened the sound pretty well

On numerous occasions we would walk 50-100 feet, grab something to eat or drink and take it back to our room. We didn't have to deal with looking for a table and the walk is so short that you don't even notice it.

I have only been on 4 cruises and I make it a point to be close to the food or in this case the Lido deck. Noise has never been an issue. Perhaps I've been lucky but IMO its a great area to be in.

:DThanks a lot for your help! I finally found some photos on internet and am thinking it might be a better idea to just move forward on Lido deck. The photos & comments said that the bathroom is larger but less closet space which we really need.

I also would like to know if there are Fridges in all the cabins, if anyone knows. I had never been a room without one until I was on the Sunshine and we really like to have one.

Looking at the deck plan, the box appears to be under the the small pool and hot tub at the base of the water slide. I would guess that part of the pool and the drain for it would extend into that box underneath.

Not sure if you are aware, but those room numbers you mentioned are handicap accessible rooms. If you are in need of that type of room, it looks like a great location. If you don't need an accessible room, I would leave it for someone else who does.

We have booked inside rooms on Lido several times and have never had any issues with noise, either from the pool area or traffic going to the pool/food. We love the location because it is much easier to walk to that first cup of coffee in the mornings!! :D