Msc cruises

MSC to home base msc Opera in Havana 2015-16 what will it mean for Tom,s :eek:

That's very interesting!

Well, as I couldn't find any info on Thomson Montego Bay cruises for Winter 2016/17, this coming winter may be the last with Havana itineraries for the foreseeable future?!? Who knows?

this coming winter may be the last with Havana itineraries for the foreseeable future?!?

that would be a shame... perhaps the 2 sea days per week and the missed ports effectively making it 3 or (more?) sea days is putting people off? I didnt notice a huge takeup by canadian cruisers either (maybe that experiment didnt work as well as thoms had hoped)

imo the weather/sea conditions arent so good over that side of the caribbean (at least they weren't this last winter)

that would be a shame... perhaps the 2 sea days per week and the missed ports effectively making it 3 or (more?) sea days is putting people off? I didnt notice a huge takeup by canadian cruisers either (maybe that experiment didnt work as well as thoms had hoped)

imo the weather/sea conditions arent so good over that side of the caribbean (at least they weren't this last winter)

Possibly might be the reason, and led to a lot of bad reviews for the Dream at the beginning of the season, and this Winter's itineraries had already been published so was too late to change them!

There were quite a few Canadians boarding the day we left on 23 December last year, but I don't think it was that popular with them through the season. I don't think Sunwings have been selling them for this coming winter?!?

Possibly might be the reason, and led to a lot of bad reviews for the Dream at the beginning of the season, and this Winter's itineraries had already been published so was too late to change them!

There were quite a few Canadians boarding the day we left on 23 December last year, but I don't think it was that popular with them through the season. I don 't think Sunwings have been selling them for this coming winter?!?

Reading various web site,s it looks like MSC and TUI are going head to head over CUBA with MSC using Thomas cook and virgin for there flights

Reading various web site,s it looks like MSC and TUI are going head to head over CUBA with MSC using Thomas cook and virgin for there flights

That's interesting. Is that just for UK passengers to reach the ship, or all passengers from Europe (and presumably connecting in London)?

Good point, and they sell MSC Cruises alongside when they were selling Thomson Dream sailings too.

Another nail in the coffin as carnival get the go ahead for cruises to Cuba, using the old P.O Adonia whose next R.C.I :eek:

Sunwing released their 2015/6 cruise brochure last week, they continue to offer Thomson Dream. Somewhat bemused by this thread, are people suggesting that Thomson Cruises won't call at Havana because other cruise lines do?

http://www.sunwing.ca/newsstory.asp?id=558

I never suggested that as we already know that Thomson will be calling in Havana this coming Winter 2015/6 as they published their brochure last year.

I said it doesn't look likely that Thomson will be sailing that side of the Caribbean the Winter after (2016/7)!!!