Grandeur - 2016 to Bermuda

KarlS I think you forgot the state of Delaware! There are a lot of us who cruise out of Baltimore.

Oops! Yes! I stand/sit corrected. :D (Geography was never my good subject). ;)

We are extremely sad about the shortened schedule to Bermuda!! We loved our time there and always saw something different, a five day cruise is ridiculous. RCCL needs to look long and hard at going back to 7 night cruises to Bermuda, we have been there each May for the last 7 years! Not sure how long the breakaway (NCL) stays there but if it is a longer cruise with a decent length stay, we will jump from RCCL in a heartbeat? Hope RCCL listens....

This is exactly what we are doing in 2016. I love RCCL but the NCL itinerary was so much better that we are going to give it a try.

This has all been very interesting to read. We're heading to Bermuda for the first time in 2 weeks on Grandeur, and I only booked it because it was 7 days. Living in the DC area made it an easy choice.

Personally, I would rather fly to Boston and take the Dawn than drive/fly to take a cruise out of Bayonne, so Liberty or Anthem would probably be a last resort for me. Travel to NYC/New Jersey always stresses me out! :o

I would agree Baltimore is a much easier drive as well for us since we are in the Pittsburgh area. Just did the drive to Bayonne and it was more stressful but it was doable. Since I don't fly Baltimore was always my go to port. We really want to do a 7 day to Bermuda having done the 5 day twice. So our options are limited. Its drive to Bayonne and take Celebrity Summit or take the train to NYC and take NCL Breakaway. The bright side is I still have options . But Baltimore would have been so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list of bummed out RCL travelers! I would have gladly bought another 7 night cruise to Bermuda while we were on our cruise there last week (and tried to!) but their 2 options for next year (5 day or 9 day with Bahamas tacked on) both left me wanting more Bermuda time than they were offering.

Whatever their reason is for doing this (and it's got to be "bottom line" driven), I think they are making a big mistake. I have been, and planned to continue to be, a loyal RCL passenger. Now though, I'm looking at Norwegian as an option that may be better! NCL offers the 7 day cruise from NJ, NY and Boston for about the same price, about the same size ship but seemingly better amenities. NJ is not that much farther than Baltimore... Maybe RCl will lose more customers than gain by doing this. Hope not but at the end of the day, if they can't take me where I want to go, what choice do I have but to jump ship? (Nyuk nyuk)

You could always take the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for a week long Bermuda cruise. She just received her 2.0 upgrades and is a beautiful ship with wonderful food. The crew on that ship has been voted Carnival's most friendly the past couple of years. I sailed her 14 day repo cruise in Feb and we had a great time.

Is it still dark with the Italian masters theme for decor?

We just booked the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore 7nts for September 4 2016! This will be a new line for us as we have sailed only RCCL and a few Celebrity cruises We were miserable on the Summit (long story but Summit is not an option) and while looking for 7nt cruises to Bermuda this was one we found. Sure, it's prime time for hurricaines, but we will take the chance. We leave Baltimore Sunday 4:30pm and arrive King' Wharf Wed 7am. Leave Bermuda Fri a 12:00p and arrive B'more 9aon Sunday Just another option :-)