Restrictions - Discounts

We are going on our first cruise in October and just received notification of a flight change. At the top of the letter with all our details i.e. Ship, Departure date, itinerary, stateroom etc. there is Restrictions marked Discounts. I asked my TA what this meant but they had no idea. Can anyone explain. I know I can telephone Royal but I find this forum to be a great source of information. Thanks for any reply.

We are going on our first cruise in October and just received notification of a flight change. At the top of the letter with all our details i.e. Ship, Departure date, itinerary, stateroom etc. there is Restrictions marked Discounts. I asked my TA what this meant but they had no idea. Can anyone explain. I know I can telephone Royal but I find this forum to be a great source of information. Thanks for any reply.

I have had restriction rates/discounts for police/fire before. Could be a discounted fare like that?! :confused:

Other than that, I do not have an answer except that your TA should be making the call to Royal to find out on your behalf. That is why you use a TA!

I have had restriction rates/discounts for police/fire before. Could be a discounted fare like that?! :confused:

Other than that, I do not have an answer except that your TA should be making the call to Royal to find out on your behalf. That is why you use a TA!

The OP is from Scotland. Different discounts apply for our European guests.

Hello from a fellow Fifer!

Generally when you book your flights via the cruise company, unless you specify and pay for an airline of your choice, you'll be put in to a group booking for the flight and the discount will no doubt apply to the cruise line as they haven't paid the fare that you would have if you had booked the flights yourself. We've flown with Royal many times and been sent via different airlines including Jet 2, Flybe and Easyet. I'm not sure where you're flying/cruising to but if it is the Med, it'll likely be one of these if you are going from Edinburgh or they could put you via London to your final destination.