Request for pictues of Back Balcony-Please

honeypie72

Hi all. I am newer to cruising and we're planning a Wedding Reunion cruise in about 3 years( I KNOW it's awhile BUT.......that's part of the fun)!!

Does anyone have any pictures of the I believe they are Junior Suites or regular Balcony cabins in the back that have the balcony view of the SIDE AND BACK.....I guess perhaps it would be called a corner cabin. I'm sure there' a name for them.........!? HELP

I am thinking of surprising my hubbie and saving $$ without him knowing and upgrading us to a JS from just a plain balcony and these cabins look like something we'd like. He's an engineer and on our 1st cruise just LOVED to check out what was going on!!!!!

THANKS so much..........!!!!!!!!! I

Not sure which size ship but I'm going to guess Voyager. They are AFT cabins. Here's a few of 1388 & 1688. These have 2 glass sliding doors. They don't show too much of the side though.

http://images6.fotki.com/v94/photos/4/45949/1166876/onMAcab1388W015-vi.jpg

http://images6.fotki.com/v95/photos/4/45949/1166876/onMAcab1388W009-vi.jpg

Here's one of 8690 & 8390. They have a door instead of glass sliders but it has both a side and back view. These are not JS. The key is to book early so your 3 years isn't unreasonable. As soon as they are avaliable to book do so.

http://community.webshots.com/album/122650710utqdgR

Thank you for posting the links to pictures of the cabins. We are sailing on the Mariner in #8690 (our first time in aft). The balcony looks a little smaller than I had envisioned. I've read that the balcony will hold 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs and small table. It doesn't look to me like it would. Can anyone set my expectations please. I'm hoping we can at least get one lounge chair out there.

danajjj, wish I could help you on that one. I will have 8690 on the Mariner but not until after you sail (2 weeks later). When I booked I didn't realize it had a door instead of glass sliders. It will do as I've heard from someone else this is a very nice cabin. Fill me in when you get back!

danajjj, wish I could help you on that one. I will have 8690 on the Mariner but not until after you sail (2 weeks later). When I booked I didn't realize it had a door instead of glass sliders. It will do as I've heard from someone else this is a very nice cabin. Fill me in when you get back!

I will! I knew about the door (but wish it were a slider). I don't know why they put a door in instead? I almost booked the room next door (8692) but opted for the corner because I thought it might be a better view. I wonder what the difference is between the two balconies.

I just had 8390 on the Voyager. The balcony fits 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. It's pretty big, it angles out a the corner. I thought that the solid door would bother me, but it didn't, still let a lot of light in. The only thing I didn't like was the vibration in the cabin, esp. during rough sea during the night.

Archived