Just back on Paradise - Thoughts

auburn76

Returned 7/2 from first cruise on Carnival and the Carnival Paradise.

Was pleasantly surprised overall on the cruise. We had a porthole stateroom, M3. I found it bigger than I had anticipated, the large wooden box at the foot of the bed had been removed, had a flat screen TV, and the shower was quite large. Overall very comfortable room. Only thing missing was a comfortable chair. Yes the anchor dropping and the use of the bow thrusters is quite loud.

We did My time dining in the Elation dining room. Our Head Waiter was Louis and he was exceptional. We asked to be seated with him every night and were accommodated. Except the selections on the first night, we found the food in the dining room to be quite good. Louis made sure we selected the choice offerings for the evening. The food in the Lido buffet was average at best. The salad bar was good as was the deli station making sandwiches. The pizza was very bland. We didn't try the Mongolian station or the grill station in the pool area.

The ships officers we encountered kept to themselves and seemed disinterested in talking with the passengers.

Overall the staff was very friendly. Robbie at guest services was the only staff member there that we found to be friendly and a delight. The other guest services staff looked bored and disengaged.

Calvyn was the CD and he was hilarious.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Paradise. Had basically a similar experience you had. The scrambled eggs in the buffet was difficult to drop from the spoon to the plate but otherwise, food was very good. I had cabin M2 last year & found the room comfy but the thrusters were noisy but I was already up at that time. Steve was our CD & was very visible and interactive during the cruise. Bartenders and staff in general was very good.

Great that you enjoyed your first Carnival cruise !

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the comments! Quick question, is the ship showing signs of wear? As in dirty spaces between the bathroom tiles or not cleaned corners, etc? I don't mind it but I'm just curious as someone in the party may.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Paradise back in April and had a porthole stateroom. It was pretty good. We has just about no interaction with our room steward. We had traditional late dining but tried to switch you MTD which didn't happen.

Overall it was pretty good. We thought the food was good. The buffet is usually never very great and breakfast always gets tiring with the same thing, eggs, sausage and bacon every day. I did like their pizza though. I always had them make the one with goat cheese on it. No one ever asked for it, so it was always freshly made. Just had to wait about 10 minutes for it. It didn't seem like they could keep up with the soft serve machine. They were always running out of cones.

My husband and I are going in October on Paradise. We are not thrilled with any excursions being offered and want to find a beach within walking distance. Has anyone been to Smith Cove? Looks like a nice beach

What port, Cozumel or Grand Cayman?