Orlando advise

abbyndrewmom

Hi,

We are taking a cruise (RCI Sovereign of the Seas) out of Port Carnaveral this year for our March Break Vacation. I might be able to squeeze 1 day (may not even be a full day) in Orlando either pre or post cruise. I am looking at 3 options. Please let me know what you think.

Option 1: Walt Disney World

We have some park hopper tickets that still have 1 park day and 3 pluses. I thought we could go to one of the WDW water parks and then have dinner at one of the non-park restaurants (Ohanas is our favortie) followed by some time at downtown disney.

Option 2

We have not been to Seaworld since our honeymoon trip. We have always wanted to take the kids but never had enough time. We could do that followed by a nice dinner in Orlando. Any restaurant suggestions?

Option 3

Skip Orlando all together and take our time driving to Port Canaveral and spend some time at different places along the way. Possibly making a stop in Savannah, GA (we use to live on Hilton Head Island and have fond memories of the area) and do some shopping at the outlet malls in Southern Georgia.

Another decision we have to make if we do this pre cruise (most likely) should we plan to spend the night in Orlando or Port Canaveral. We will board our ship around noon so either option will work. It will probably cost less in Orlando so again that is what I am leaning towards.

Please let me know what you think.

Archived