Caribbean fly cruises

cruisebore

hi Cruisebore

Ours is usually fly out Friday..we just think it gives you a bit of time to shake off the time difference before setting sail and be ready for the first formal night! Having said that this time we couldn't get the Friday flight so going on Saturday instead...so maybe our preference will change :)

Edited by janieb1962

Prefer a Friday as it gives you chance to get comfy and adjusted before sailing, also means you land early hours in the UK on a Saturday returning home so gives you two days before back to work/kids to school etc.

Problem for us is we fly Friday 25th December and it is a formal night that night too

Is Oistins only open on Friday?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

For the fish fry it's Fridays only, the rest of the week it's a fish market. (Sorry about the misspelling in my early post I have been suitably told off by she wot can spell bettern me :eek:)

Now me, I prefer to fly out on Saturday.

I like to set sail as soon as possible and at the end of the holiday, we still have another night, while all of you have had to go home! Last year we flew BA which was one of the latest flights back. So we had all Friday (and the evening) on the beach and still time to do some shopping on Saturday morning before we had to set off for the airport.:):)

We've done both. In our opinion, flying Fridays means that you have to wait until the next day to set sail, and we felt like this had 'delayed' our start to our holiday. And flying home on Friday meant we felt like we were going home 'early'. We had planned to visit Oistins on embark day but were too tired post-flight.

By flying Saturdays (again in our opinion), we feel that you start your holiday straightaway, i.e. set sail on embark day; and you have an 'extra' day at the end. So this winter we are flying Saturday. Can't wait!

We've done both. In our opinion, flying Fridays means that you have to wait until the next day to set sail, and we felt like this had 'delayed' our start to our holiday. And flying home on Friday meant we felt like we were going home 'early'. We had planned to visit Oistins on embark day but were too tired post-flight.

By flying Saturdays (again in our opinion), we feel that you start your holiday straightaway, i.e. set sail on embark day; and you have an 'extra' day at the end. So this winter we are flying Saturday. Can't wait!

Agree with this - I know it's psychological since the length of holiday is the same but we too like the extra Barbados day at the end of the holiday. After a very early start this year for the flight out there and time shift involved we liked the fact that our first day was a sea day to adjust and relax. I think we'd have been too tired to enjoy a night out on the Friday night too whereas on the last Friday we were able to enjoy it.

We're lucky that we don't have to get back to work after the overnight return flight so that isn't an issue for us but can appreciate it would be for some.

Prefer a Friday as it gives you chance to get comfy and adjusted before sailing, also means you land early hours in the UK on a Saturday returning home so gives you two days before back to work/kids to school etc.

Problem for us is we fly Friday 25th December and it is a formal night that night too

We are flying on December 25 also but although it is xmas day, I dont think its an actual formal night as such as half the ship wont even have arrived by then. Probably not all the staff either, as in The Captain etc...

We prefer to have the full day in Barbados at the end of our cruise so we are flying out on Saturday 02/01/16 this winter. After a long flight to Barbados we just want to chill out and the Sunday is a sea day before we hit the ports & beaches. Also there will be no rush to get back to the ship on the last Friday so can stay on the beach as long as we want. ROLL ON ..........:):)

This was a tough call for us.

We chose Saturday on the grounds that we don't want to feel jetlagged on a Port day.

Saying that, our last night on board felt very strange.

1/2 our friends we had met had left. The remaining 1/2 were sad because of this and the trip home the following day. The other 1/2 of the ship were all excited and stressed out from the flight.

I will also comment that there was next to zero entertainment on our last evening.

Edited by ParCan

We usually do a Friday out as OH is ready for home once we dock at the end of the holiday and we like the day in Barbados at the start. But this year we are thinking of trying a Saturday as we find we are always tired after the flight so don't get the best out of our day in Barbados so going to try it at the end.

Also as we usually go the last cruise before Xmas the Friday gets us home a day earlier to prepare for Xmas.

Think it's a personal choice thing

We have done both and prefer the Friday flight as we find it quite depressing once we have arrived back in Barbados and it's as though the cruise is over as they start loading the ship with provisions for the next cruise and passengers are leaving and arriving. They are washing balconies down. We prefer the day in port at the beginning when we awake early and go to the beach for the day. But it's all down to personal preference.

Fly on Friday and you can go to the Hoistens fish fry. Got to be done!!!:cool:

Peter and Jenny

We found the opposite to be true, I wanted to do Friday night fish fry also. We flew out Friday, coupled 2 hour flight delay and time it took to embark. We were too exhausted to venture out.

As opposed to those who flew out Saturday and were fresh enough to do Oistens on the final night of the cruise before flying home on the Saturday

I prefer to fly out Saturday. As others have said after an early start and long flight you can't enjoy the overnight stay at the beginning. However, we went to Oistins on our last night and found it to be over-rated. Won't to be going on our next visit. Not too bothered about the entertainment as we are quite happy to sit in a bar and chat with friends, old and new!