Emmy Fashions

Cruise Arizona

Yes, I thought Hannigan looked stunning. Loved her in American Wedding. I think she might be cute in the new "How I Met Your Mother"

Frederique Von Stade, she has looked abosultely stunning in the past, on the Mostly Motzart on PBS ect, Christmas at Canagie Hall, but tonight she looked like she had on Martha Stewart's Prison Break outfit with sequins added. But man can she sing. I have always loved her voice, althought tonights performance was meant to be a bit tougne and cheek.

My favorite performance was Donal Trump and Megan Mullaughly.

I missed most of the Emmy's, but from what I saw, my favorites were........

Cela Ward in that magnficicent black gown, though her gorgeous hair was just kind of so-so.

I also loved Felicity Huffman's coral gown and Mariska Haggarty's green gown.

Jane

I agree.

Fashion disaster Star Jones is proof that velvet doesn't belong in summer climates, though that purple color was very pretty.

Star Jones is exhibit A for many fashion "don'ts".

But I was glad to see a nice bit of color in the gowns....including Star's choice.

~e

Portia de Rossi - ugh. What's up with those straps?

Eva Longoria - pretty color - but I don't think the dress did much for her.

Mischa Barton - looks anorexic. She should have had a bit more fabric up top.

Halle...perfect. Just perfect. As always.

Evangeline Lily - love her on LOST, and she has a terrific figure, but she needs some help in the gown selection dept.

Terri Hatcher - very nice - similar to Halle's dress.

Jennifer Garner - she's lovely, but I don't like those dresses, or any outfit really, that place emphasis on the tummy.

Marcia Cross - stunning - that green was perfect with her hair.

Deborah Messing - a miss. What a strange looking dress.

Felicity - pretty gown - very nice.

Alyson Hanigan - just didn't care for that dress - looked to much like an oriental planter. :p

Kelly Rowan - beautiful red strapless - fit her perfectly.

Maggie Grace - fromLOST - wow I almost didn't recognize her - she sure looks different. Flattering dress.

Jennifer Love Hewitt - Lord where do they find these dresses?? Yeesh.

Glen Close - what a class act. Her short blonde hair with that beautiful black strapless - nice.

Star Jones. Get a mirror girl. :cool:

Tess Smith - Oh good grief. Looks like she got her dress caught in the car door and came anyway.

Mariska Hargitay - WOW. Gorgeous dress - perfect fit.

Lauren Graham - another pretty red dress - but it doesn't fit her right at all. :(

Ellen. Gosh - she looks like she rummaged through a shelter for that outfit.

I didn't see all of the show last night but tonight I am planning on watching the fashion critique shows.

I thought Blythe Danner looked positively glowing!

Hally Berry was just beautiful. I haven't liked her hair much since she stopped wearing it very short but I thought it looked stunning last night pulled back from her beautiful face.

Marcia Cross looked striking. What a fabulous combination that magnificant head of red hair with the vivid green dress.

Terri Hatcher looked lovely in her blue empire waisted dress.

I didn't see Glenn Close during the show but I did catch a picture of her on the internet and thought that she looked lovely but a bit too plain. Her black strapless needed something, perhaps great earrings or a necklace.

As for Starr Jones that dress was awful. She always strikes me as such a phoney person anyway, so I guess I am biased against her.

Joan Rivers and her daughter Melissa have had better nights. In my opinion, Melissa's dress was trashy and I hated Joan's hair as well as her fussy dress. If I wore either of those outfits I would be loathe to point the finger at anyone else's poor fashion sense, LOL!

I noticed many gownd with very open necklines and no necklaces or pendants. Yes, many of them had on chandelier earrings, but they just seemed to be missing something to me. Too much negative space and needed something to draw the eye.

And I agree about Patricia Arquette- strange dress, strange hair- not flattering at all.

Last night I missed the show... football season.

Will be paying attention to the magazines and the follow up fashion shows. You know there will be tons of those! I did see some photos on the internet.

Marcia Cross looked really pretty in the green dress. I have a red-headed friend and she always looks fantanstic in green!

Eva's dress seemed a bit plain to me. It looked like she kind of just draped some material through the jeweled neckline... she could have done way better.

I think a lot of stars are so afraid that someone else is going to wear the same dress, that they pick the oddest concoctions out there to show how unique they truly are. They forget that they should look good too!

What do I know, I was sitting at home in my jeans and tee shirt watching football... obviously not the glamourous life of the rich and famous!:D

Does Hallie Berry every wear anything bad? She's just too beautiful.

Marcia Cross tried and succeeded not to look like Bree. She was lovely.

Even though Star Jones lost a lot of weight, I think she pictures herself to be a size 2 and tries to dress that way (she claims to be a 10---but not any size 10 I've ever seen on the racks). The ruching just adds weight, although it does hide the spare tires she still has in the middle.

Glen Close surprised me because she sometimes looks dowdy and I thought she looked great.

I liked Eva Longoria's dress. Plain but the color was nice.

Please, someone give that poor girl Mischa Barton a dozen In and Out burgers and a couple gallons of root beer. She's too skinny.

Deborah Messing really had a miss this time. A very strange looking dress, but everyone seems to have picked her as one of the best dressed.

Patricia Arquette looks like she pinned a couple of Parker House rolls in her hair and the dress didn't fit in the bust---way too tight.

I was listening to some entertainment show or other tonight and they said Deborah Messing's dress looks better in person, I believe it. It had a lot of detail and detail does not photograph well.

I thought Star Jones looked hot and miserable and she was waaaay too chummy with the stars. Please, buying Jennifer Garner a baby gift then putting it on public display? I am sorry but that belonged at a baby shower. Those people act for a living, it's a job. It's a baby. She seems happy but does not push it but the entertainment media treats celebrity births like they are so special.

I am about Star's size right now, judging by photographs and I am a 14 about on the nose so Star Jones is not a size 10.

And what was up with Star Jones and her dog? Did any of you see that? She had the dog dressed up, sitting in a basket and introduced the dog to some of the celebrities. Last year she brought Al to the awards, but this year it's the dog. How strange was that?

Jane, Now that you mention it Allison Hannigan does look like a chinese pot. But I though the dress was interesting and very striking. I am to short to wear such bold prints, but I thought it was alteast different and not a total disaster.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3583/AlysonHann_Grani_5986267_400.jpg

I was at the hospital today and just happened to catch the Emmy Dresses for less section on the View. The three they featured were:

Marcia Cross's green gown

Halle Berry's Vintage Couture Sorong Dress

Eve Langoria's Coral Egyption number.

It was funny, because they were talking about the affordable versions of the dresses for only $325. I was thinking to my self that they had obviously not spent and hour in the Sale rack at Dillards, where everything was $37.50 to $100.

Archived