European Honeymoon, best time to book?

luvn2oxfrd

Hi!

My fiance and I are looking in to the May 2, 2005 sailing on the Grand Princess from Rome to Venice for our honeymoon. Right now it is about $500 more per person than we would like to spend. Of course the 2005 European sailing fares were just released this past week. We were wondering if the prices will come down over the next year and if we should wait to book, or book now (despite it being more than we wanted to spend) to ensure that we have the honeymoon we have our heart set on?

I have noticed that right now a lot of the 2004 April/May European cruises are on sale. Do we wait until this time next year to book and take the chance that the cruise will be cheaper, or do we not risk missing the date we want?

Help!

I would say book now. The earlier you book, the more choice you have in getting your desired cabin. If prices drop before final payment (generally about 75 days prior to sailing) then your TA can get the reduction for you.

Waiting for the last-minute deals is great if you don't mind having whatever cabins are left over. Of course, you also risk the ship being sold out and having no ship to get on. If you have your air purchased already, you're really out of luck ... and dollars. And if you wait until the last minute to purchase your plane tickets, you'll pay through the nose. Even going with Princess air will likely cost you more than you can get for yourself.

Book now to get what you want ... and deserve ... for this great occasion.

'Vegas Jim

Archived