NCL Majesty Boston - Bermuda, 9/11/05

RACRLS

Just returned from the 9/11/05 sailing from Boston to Bermuda on the Majesty, and enjoyed the cruise very much.

Yes, the ship is small, by todays standards, but the crew was very friendly and worked hard to provide a great experience for the passengers.

We took our breakfast and lunch from the buffet, and always found something that we enjoyed from the selections offered. Loved the deserts, but that is one of my weaknesses anyway. Dinner was taken each night in the Four Seasons Dinning Room, and we found a wonderful serving team (Daniella as the Waitress, and Zorica as the Assitant Waitress), who we requested each night. The Free Style Cruising and the lack of a "Formal" night is also an attraction for us, as it allows us to pack more lightly. BTW, the Chocoholics Buffet was great. The artistry of the chefs is always amazing, and the samples I took were delicious (think Strawberries freshly dipped in chocolate to meet your request).

Shows included two commedians, several Irish acts (Irish themed cruise), a very entertaining group named Graffiti Classics, and the ships production company of singers and dancers. One of the Irish acts was the Donny Golden Irish Step Dancers, and they appeared on a few occasions. The other act was Harry O'Donoghue, an Irish vocalist. The comic acts were Rudi Macaggi and Chris Rich. Both of these performers were very good.

This is not the first cruise we have done on the Majesty, but it may be the last, if the rumors of the retirement of the ship are true. Her retirement will be sad for us because the ship provides a good cruise, with intimate service, and some very nice places to either get some sun, or to curl up and read a book, if that is your desire.

The trip to Bermuda was one of the smoothest we have ever experienced, while the return trip provided some fairly large swells, and some high winds as we skirted around the southern portions of Hurricane (TS?) Ophelia.

It goes without saying, Bermuda was beautiful.

The one sad note to our cruise, we were supposed to meet "Bob & Barb" for the sail away party, but search as I could I never did find the man wearing the "Cruise Critic" hat.

Archived