Church at sea

motleyfan

From experience, I would recommend you contact Guest Services a few months before your cruise. Do not wait until you board the ship. My Pastor did that once and was denied. Obviously they book up their public spaces in advance.

One time when we made arrangements in advance, they gave us adjoining conference rooms to have a Catholic Mass. There were so many that showed up that they had to move us to the theatre. There were a few hundred in attendance.

• 2 months later...
I have been cruising for over 25 years, here is what I found out... through the years. Cruise lines paid the fares to have a priest and or a rabbi on board, they no longer do that. It was always nice to know you can attend mass on board.

The last 7 years it has been hit or miss...only when a priest was on board ( for a vacation) and offered his services.

We were on The Breakaway in May and a priest had Saturday evening mass. We spoke to him afterwards and he said he had to beg for a room, and when they did give it he only had half an hour. He was so nice...and we had a speed mass. It was in FAT Cats and standing room only.

We always write on our comment card to bring back priests!!:)

I always write that on my comments card.