Tunisia Cruise Port Changes?

joseph123

Just wondering if anyone out there thinks there might be a chance that MSC will substitute the cruise stops in Tunisia with another one because of the recent terrorism and the deaths of MSC passengers from the previous violence there. There are several itineraries MSC offers that I would consider that stop in Tunisia, but I have serous reservations about wanting to visit there at this time. I am sure I am not the only one feeling a bit nervous about this and would think the MSC must be taking this into consideration.

Just wondering if anyone out there thinks there might be a chance that MSC will substitute the cruise stops in Tunisia with another one because of the recent terrorism and the deaths of MSC passengers from the previous violence there. There are several itineraries MSC offers that I would consider that stop in Tunisia, but I have serous reservations about wanting to visit there at this time. I am sure I am not the only one feeling a bit nervous about this and would think the MSC must be taking this into consideration.

I thought they already had dropped Tunisia for this summer or are you looking further ahead than that?

Yes, I am looking at the Spring 2016 itineraries.

From paste experience with them, I suspect they will leave it a bit later on the year to assess the situation and if considered a risk or that people will not book or book but stay onboard and not buy excursions, they will drop it.

They will not put their ship, passengers and crew at risk nor will they continue with a plan that commercially doesn't work for them. Suspect Malta will benefit as a result.

Just got my email today, we are going on the MSC Preziosa in December. Port of Tunis Tunisia changed to Valletta Malta. Making me one happy cruiser!

Edited by Helbel

I agree, just changed my plans to instead take a cruise out of Genoa which avoids Tunisia in May of 2016. No desire to go to that port with all of the unrest and can't take a chance at this point that they will extend their change of itinerary into next May.

I would not book a cruise with a call at Tunisia. I just booked a greek isles cruise though for spring 2016 on Orchestra. Was looking at Meraviglia for 2017 but so far, the only offered itineray includes Tunisia..so holding off.

I've booked the Meraviglia despite that. I've no wish to go to La Goulette again. I'm thinking that if the situation doesn't dramatically improve by then, they will drop it and alter the itinerary. If it does improve and they keep it as a port of call, I'll either do my usual and stay onboard or stick to the shops in the cruise terminal.

Only booked now so I could get my 20% discount before it disappears at the end of this week! otherwise I'd have waited until next year to book.