Breakaway Cabin 11272

funtosun

My DB sailed in 12272 on Getaway. 12272 has a larger angled balcony but the bed was by the closet so the room felt more cramped than my regular balcony cabin 12282 with the bed by the balcony, but the balcony was tiny. 11272 doesn't have the angled balcony but does have the bed by the balcony.

12272 (and 11272) are great locations for access to the activities and buffet at the rear of the ship. And if Breakaway is like Getaway, these cabins are also in good locations to view the fireworks (if you plan to view from your balcony, of course).

• 1 month later...
We'll be in 12272 in August. The balcony is supposed to be a little larger due to the angle shape. When we return, I'll report about our cabin in the sticky about cabin information.

Not sure if you are back from your cruise, but if so, how was cabin 12272? Is the balcony a little larger? Thanks for any info you can pass along

We are back from the 8/2 BA in an angled balcony (12272). It is definitely bigger than a regular balcony. However, the cabin numbers are different on each deck; on deck 11, the angle balcony appears to be 11274, not 11272.

The balcony: one side is the regular width (going out from the cabin to the rail). The other side is longer: enough that a lounger can fit from the cabin wall to the rail. Our balcony had two regular chairs, the lounger and a very small table. We had previously sailed the BA in a regular (non-angled) balcony and only had the two chairs and very small table. We never completely reclined the lounger, so I'm not certain that it could go all the way flat in the space, but I think it could.

In 12272, the bed is by the closet. We didn't think we'd like this set-up but ended up preferring it to the bed by the balcony (as on a previous cruise). We did rearrange (actually, the cabin steward did the work!) to make more space to access the closet. He moved the bed a little towards the sofa. We put the bigger night-table by the closet and the smaller one between the bed and sofa. This made more space in the closet area.

As for the location, we loved it- very convenient to the elevators and stairs but quiet (except for drunks walking to their cabins late at night- but that can happen any where). One of the kids' areas is on deck 12 forward, but we didn't notice any more traffic in the halls than on other decks.

Check out the deck plans and try to change to an angled balcony!