Laundry?

KaDarr

Is it possible and if so, how much does it cost to get a load of clothes washed on the Sun?

Sure. Takes about 24 hours to get it back. They usually have a half price day (right everyone?) once a week. Maybe 26.99 a bag otherwise. Dry cleaning extra. Sometimes they have pressing only deal.

Yell at me if I'm wrong because I thought the price for laundry has increased to about $30.00. We've never used the laundry service and have been told that it's good for ordinary items but it's not a great idea to send items that need special care.

Usually I pack a small bottle of Dawn and have found it works great. The shower will have a retractable wash line and it really does come in handy.

Yell at me if I'm wrong because I thought the price for laundry has increased to about $30.00. We've never used the laundry service and have been told that it's good for ordinary items but it's not a great idea to send items that need special care.

Usually I pack a small bottle of Dawn and have found it works great. The shower will have a retractable wash line and it really does come in handy.

As far as I know it cost $27.99 when they have the special to fill the bag. Rolls things real tight and you can get a lot of items in the bag. I also you now send any thing special. T shirts (without ornamentation), jeans, etc are fine

Sure. Takes about 24 hours to get it back. They usually have a half price day (right everyone?) once a week. Maybe 26.99 a bag otherwise. Dry cleaning extra. Sometimes they have pressing only deal.

In all my NCL cruises I have never heard of a half-price day.

The only laundry special is the weekly bag special you've mentioned.

In all my NCL cruises I have never heard of a half-price day.

The only laundry special is the weekly bag special you've mentioned.

Only thing I have ever seen half price is pressing. I think I put it out the first morning and it was back the next morning

Ok, I stand corrected. I rarely use the laundry, only pressing. Yes, on our recent 3 week cruise, we had a total of 4 extra large suitcases, 2 carry on weekenders, a backpack and a briefcase :eek:.

I have brought woolite for special care. Just remember to put it in a sealed Baggie before stowing in luggage if you are flying.:)

We've done laundry lots on NCL ships, but once they ruined one of my DH's favorite t-shirts. It was tan when it left the room, but came back a tied dyed green. They re-washed it a couple of times but the green never came out. I'm sure that was a one-off and since that he only took regular plain t-shirts just in case.

But we have gone through a new "packing light" strategy, bringing a much smaller amount of clothes that can be washed in the sink and dried overnight. It has made our lives much easier.

Is it possible and if so, how much does it cost to get a load of clothes washed on the Sun?

Note that in addition to the weekly (usually) "bag" special, you can always get laundry done on a "per item" basis. Typical prices are, like, $3 - $6 bucks per item for "next day" service, and/or you can pay more for "same day" service. Yes, it can add up, but it's very convenient if you are packing light.

Ok, I stand corrected. I rarely use the laundry, only pressing. Yes, on our recent 3 week cruise, we had a total of 4 extra large suitcases, 2 carry on weekenders, a backpack and a briefcase :eek:...

If I brought that much luggage, I wouldn't need laundry for months! We have completed 30 day cruises with just a carry on and a tote, each. We did use laundry on those occasions. We wash small things out regularly using Tide Sink Detergent packages. We also bring a 3 oz bottle (OK for carry-on) of Dawn for tough stains.

13143314376747p?$478$

Edited by hondorner

We just got off Getaway on June 20th, and they had a special halfway through the cruise that was fill a bag for 19.99. They got it back in about 24 hours. We stuffed the bag full. Otherwise if you look in your closet, they have a form you fill out that has the separate prices on it. But wait until the middle of the cruise for the bag special. They leave the bag and fill out form on your bed for the special.

We just got off Getaway on June 20th, and they had a special halfway through the cruise that was fill a bag for 19.99. They got it back in about 24 hours. We stuffed the bag full. Otherwise if you look in your closet, they have a form you fill out that has the separate prices on it. But wait until the middle of the cruise for the bag special. They leave the bag and fill out form on your bed for the special.

Do you remember which day you received the bag on Getaway?

Wow that's a great price. We were on the Getaway in Feb and the fill the bag special was $27.99

The best deal we ever got on laundry, was on the Paul Gaugain...for two people for a week it was $129 total. I sent everything out except for silk. Never had a wrinkled shirt..it was great! Total bargain.

Take some clothes pins with you and you can wash a lot of socks, undies etc and the hang them in the bathroom.