ATV excusion

cshellokitty

My brother, sister, and I are all in our early 20's, and we really wanted to do an atv excursion when we arrive to Cozumel. We are on navigator of the seas, leaving on August 9. I wanted to know if I should book the excursion through the Royal Caribbean site or an outside site, and where. And does anyone have reviews of ATV excursions? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We did an ATV Tour through the jungle on our first time to Cozumel, was amazing!!! But it was a Carnival excursion that's no longer offered.

Now I'm looking at Cozumel Mayan Jungle ATV Adventure through Shore Excursioneer that looks really similar.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Cozumel and wanted to share our experience for anyone looking for something different.

We ended up booking Cozumel ATV Jungle Adventure through CozumelCruiseExcursions.com as this was the only company who had something that fit our schedule (1:30-10:00 p.m.). Booking process was very easy and communication was great.

Arrived and took a taxi to the meeting spot, Playa Uvas Beach Club for $12 - total, not per person. Were allowed to use the facilities, had a pool, beach chairs & umbrellas, bar & servers walking around and free WIFI. The beach was small and rocky entrance so we didn't go in. The resort also offers snorkeling w/ those who go on their own w/ the $12 the entrance fee, but not sure if that was included w/ our tour (we didn't have to pay the entrance fee)

Hung around for about an hour and our taxi arrived to take us to the tour, this was included. Got to Wild Tours in about 20 minutes.

There were 4 in our group, and 2 others there. Helmets, gloves and goggles included, lockers available for rent for $5. Quick instructions & off we went. Ride was absolutely AMAZING!!! Our guide Francisco was great, stopped a few times to talk about ancient Mayan culture and gave us water. Went in an underground cave & saw a natural spring. Drove around a tiny ruin, didn't stop to talk about it, and when I say tiny, it was super tiny. Bumpy, dusty, fast ride, no mud though (bummer). Not for the weak for sure. The only negative, and a small one, after the tour they wanted to talk to us about how tequila is made. Sounded cool, but turned into more of a 30 minute sales pitch, included a few free shots though. When we were ready to go, our taxi was there to take us back to the ship, again, this was included.

$65 p/person, but was well worth it. One of the best excursions we've ever done. Would highly recommend it for those looking for an adventure.

• 1 month later...
Just back from Cozumel and wanted to share our experience for anyone looking for something different.

We ended up booking Cozumel ATV Jungle Adventure through CozumelCruiseExcursions.com as this was the only company who had something that fit our schedule (1:30-10:00 p.m.). Booking process was very easy and communication was great.

Arrived and took a taxi to the meeting spot, Playa Uvas Beach Club for $12 - total, not per person. Were allowed to use the facilities, had a pool, beach chairs & umbrellas, bar & servers walking around and free WIFI. The beach was small and rocky entrance so we didn't go in. The resort also offers snorkeling w/ those who go on their own w/ the $12 the entrance fee, but not sure if that was included w/ our tour (we didn't have to pay the entrance fee)

Hung around for about an hour and our taxi arrived to take us to the tour, this was included. Got to Wild Tours in about 20 minutes.

There were 4 in our group, and 2 others there. Helmets, gloves and goggles included, lockers available for rent for $5. Quick instructions & off we went. Ride was absolutely AMAZING!!! Our guide Francisco was great, stopped a few times to talk about ancient Mayan culture and gave us water. Went in an underground cave & saw a natural spring. Drove around a tiny ruin, didn't stop to talk about it, and when I say tiny, it was super tiny. Bumpy, dusty, fast ride, no mud though (bummer). Not for the weak for sure. The only negative, and a small one, after the tour they wanted to talk to us about how tequila is made. Sounded cool, but turned into more of a 30 minute sales pitch, included a few free shots though. When we were ready to go, our taxi was there to take us back to the ship, again, this was included.

$65 p/person, but was well worth it. One of the best excursions we've ever done. Would highly recommend it for those looking for an adventure.

do you know how picky they are with ages? Their website indicates must be 16. my son will be 15.5 yrs old when we sail. I think he would like this excursion, but not if he must be a passenger.