Oasis Questions - Jan 2016

I have not been cruising since my Honeymoon 8 years ago, so I am sure some things have changed. This time we are bringing my 2 girls (8 and 6) as well my Mother in law and her friend are in another room on another deck

Looking over some of the forums and boards lately have been great, however, a few questions I still do have (plenty of time to figure out - going on Oasis in Jan 2016):

Mainly - how early or when does sign up open up online for Dining as well as on-board shows (I've read the comedy shows fill up pretty quick) - as it is still showing up unavailable when I login and check?

Thanks for any assistance :)

Unfortunately, there is no set time that Royal releases entertainment and dinner bookings. Sometimes it's over 120 days and other times less than 90 days. All you can do is periodically check the website.

I have not been cruising since my Honeymoon 8 years ago, so I am sure some things have changed. This time we are bringing my 2 girls (8 and 6) as well my Mother in law and her friend are in another room on another deck

Looking over some of the forums and boards lately have been great, however, a few questions I still do have (plenty of time to figure out - going on Oasis in Jan 2016):

Mainly - how early or when does sign up open up online for Dining as well as on-board shows (I've read the comedy shows fill up pretty quick) - as it is still showing up unavailable when I login and check?

Thanks for any assistance :)

I too am sailing in Jan 2016... looking at my res, I still can't book dining or shows... So, it's a hurry up and wait scenario... What's your sail date???

Now that i have been starting to read and look over some of the forums, a few more questions came up:

1)Stateroom 10212 (Oceanview w/ Balcony) Room Configuration - Bed by the closet and Couch by the balcony, correct??

2) Excursions - they are available for me to book right now - if i book (and price is showing in $CAD) would my Credit Card be charged right away, or not until time of cruise/excursion?? (I am calling in later to take advantage of the 10% exchange rate for OBC and this will help determine how much to put on there)

3)Updated Beer Prices?- searched through some other forums and most recent one i could find was from a few months ago - normal (non-specialty) beers were approximately $5-$7 (including tip)

Thanks in advance!!

wow 1/24 is already open. That's soon. Honestly, how many people are checking their 1/24 or 1/30? Last year I booked in November for a 1/24 cruise and got everything I wanted. I would not worry. If you are I say check once a week, I'm sure you will get to see what you want. Plus one of the shows is CATS and experience to be missed :p

wow 1/24 is already open. That's soon. Honestly, how many people are checking their 1/24 or 1/30? Last year I booked in November for a 1/24 cruise and got everything I wanted. I would not worry. If you are I say check once a week, I'm sure you will get to see what you want. Plus one of the shows is CATS and experience to be missed :p

I'm sailing on the 1-23 date and check every few days... Neither Dining or Entertainment are open at this time... But as soon as I finish making my reservations, I'll be on here to let everyone know... LOL

Edited by Mr. Bungle

Now that i have been starting to read and look over some of the forums, a few more questions came up:

1)Stateroom 10212 (Oceanview w/ Balcony) Room Configuration - Bed by the closet and Couch by the balcony, correct??

Thanks in advance!!

The bed placement is by the closet. If you go by the layout plans from another thread stating that from looking at the doors of adjoining cabins from the hall, the room on the right has the bed by the balcony.

Take a look at it this way, from the hall looking at the doors, the closest adjoining set is 10202-10204. moving to the left, 206-210-214 have the bed by the balcony, 208-212-216 have the bed by the closet.

So yes, you are correct... Read it first, Steve... doh!

Edited by Mr. Bungle