Magic cove bal 2379

karessamom

Finally got our room assignment 30 days out!! Anything we should know about this room?? Was hoping for a little higher but still happy with the balcony!! I booked guar bal. so I expect nothing more. Iam happy with what I have!! 4 weeks!!!! Or 30 days which ever and we'll be sailing away!! So excited!!!!!

Looks like it's under the first part of the galley, so you might have some noise from above.

Found this review of 2381, which is next door to yours:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859876

If you google <carnival magic drag decks>, you will find a website that will allow you to drag deck 3 over deck 2 to see which cabins are under the galley. Cabins under the galley are notorious for noise from above. Cabins below the dinning room and forward are the better cabins from what I've read.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be very excited to get a guarantee and it was a cove balcony. Love the Breeze, Dream, and soon the Magic cove balcony. I stayed under the Galley on the Dream and was worried, but didn't hear anything.

I am sailing on the Magic in a cove balcony cabin 2281. It looks like its under the Showtime Theater so as long as there is not a show going on I should be ok right? Does the life boat that is over me keep some of the sun off the balcony? I have read wonderful things about the cove balconies but now just a little worried about noise and the view. Please tell me I made the right choice.

I am sailing on the Magic in a cove balcony cabin 2281. It looks like its under the Showtime Theater so as long as there is not a show going on I should be ok right?

2281 looks to be under the guest services desk, not the theater, so the shows shouldn't be an issue. It's possible you could hear some music coming from the lobby bar though.

We were just in 2342 on Magic last week. We too were worried about noise from galley. We took ear plugs just in case. Never needed them. Only noise was from kids running and squealing down the hall. You do get nice shade from the lifeboats. Balconies were smaller than we are used to on Royal but we enjoyed it nevertheless. Enjoy your cruise.