Review of cave-tubing.com

shelmellow

As I had never booked a private tour while cruisin', I was quite nervous about it, so I wanted to say that my fears were put to rest with cave-tubing.com. We just returned a week ago Saturday from our Carnival Elation cruise. I booked a tour for a group of 11 with cave-tubing.com and we all had an incredible time. Our guides, Yhony, Timmy and Rafael, were extremely friendly and helpful, pulling, swimming and guiding us in our tubes while those who booked through carnival were being told, "paddle harder, paddle harder!" I highly recommend the cave tubing excursion and would use no one other than cave-tubing.com. At half the price that Carnival was charging, we toured 2 caves instead of 1, had excellent guides and the trip of a lifetime!

Some tips if you've never been to port in Belize:

You will need to take a tender (another boat) from the ship to get to the port. On Carnival, we had to get a tender ticket at 8:15 that morning since we didn't book an excursion through the ship but wanted off before 11 am.

Some cave-tubing helpful info:

After the van ride to the cave-tubing site, you will have an opportunity to change clothes. Water shoes are highly recommended. What you change into is what you go into the water in. You will then walk through the rain forest for @ 45 minutes , then straight into the water. Where you exit the water is close to where the van is parked, with another opportunity to change clothes, shower and eat.

Our day in Belize was wonderful. There were so many negative posts about Belize we were dumbfounded when we got there. We LOVED Belize...enough that we have even looked into real estate since getting home (on Sept 18th).

We went cave-tubing with cave-tubing.com. Our tour leader was Junior and boy was he great. He and his group kept us laughing and listening for the bus trip so that we never noticed how long it took us to get there. They gave us "documentaries" on the Belize culture and history. Very interesting.

Once we were there they continued to keep us interested in different things (like ant lines and edible termites ...hehehe) so that the 40 minute walk through the rain forest didn't seem as long.

The tubing itself was absolutely the highlight of our trip. There are NO crocodiles, snakes, or anything else lurking in the water. It is crystal clear and beautiful. There were suppose to be bats in the caves, but we never saw them and besides they will not be interested in you unless you lather yourself up with fruit juice before going into the water. (At least that is what Junior said. :D )

Seriously though, we had a comfortable ride on a working bus both ways. We had a knowledgable group of leaders who put up with us being totally crazy. Just ask them about Mario and they will probably remember us. We had trouble keeping it together and were laughing so hard we couldn't follow our guides directions.

They split us up into smaller groups (there were 19 total of us) of 10, 10 and 9. Each small group had a guide. We went through two cave - systems. I would recommend always going with these guys over the cruise ship groups. We paid a lot less and had a much better time. We could have stopped to eat, but they wanted to make sure we made it back to the ship on time. We had trouble getting off the ship early enough so we were short on time. On our way back to town we passed two cruise ship tour busses broken down on the side of the road..oops.

Our recommendation on Cave-tubing.com with Yhonny and Junior?

FIVE STARS!

Archived