Carry-on/Check Non Alcoholic Drinks - Adventure of the Seas San Juan

Would we have an issue either carrying on or putting in our luggage some water/soda/energy drinks or a bottle of tomato juice? What has been your experience at the pier in San Juan?

Out experience is that they allow bottled water and two bottles of wine. Have not tried other beverages.

We have put an extra luggage tag on a 12 pack of soda and it showed up at our cabin with the rest of the luggage. We have also put it in our luggage, and although we were allowed to keep it, the luggage did get sent down to naughty room for extra screening where I had to retrieve it late that afternoon.

Just got back and was able to bring on 40 water bottles (Costco pack). And also two bottles of wine.

Never attempted other types of alcohol. As we did the drink packages. Others did and we would see them going down the elevator for the walk of shame. It was always a good conversation starter. Seemed like a hit or miss. I think it Really depended on the shape of the bottle and the size whether it got caught. Wine shaped liquor bottles seemed to get through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Water and soda pop and drink mix like Mr T Bloody Mary mix have always gotten aboard. Go to the Rum Runner Flasks rumrunnerflasks.com for containers to bring liquids in your luggage aboard. Read between the lines here.

I take stuff every time we leave San Juan. I have done both carry-on and checked - soda/juice.

Never have had a problem.

Lately I take it in my carryon just to avoid any issues, but it is very easy to take any type of water/juice/soda etc out of San Juan.

In all the years we have sailed from there we have never had an issue with anything we have taken.