pre cruise

holiday22

OK, I would first ask some questions...like what time your flight arrives. WDW is 20-45 minutes (depending on traffic) the wrong direction from the cruise terminal. When we arrive in time to really enjoy Disney, it is worth a stay there. When we arrive late afternoon/evening we find it better to stay in an MCO area hotel and just chill out and sleep. ALL the MCO area hotels that I am familiar with have complimentary shuttle service to/from MCO.

In addition, the shuttle/towncar/limo service from WDW to cruise terminal will be more costly than from MCO area to cruise terminal (due to longer distance).

OK, that said--reliable, good shuttle services include Happy Limo, FL Tours, RJ limo. Cocoa Beach shuttle will run from MCO area to cruise terminal, not sure if they serve WDW. You can look up these on line; most will price match. There are MANY other good companies as well. And another option is a one way car rental.

you may be right and skip the Disney resort and just get a shuttle from MCO to Port Canaveral .. we are arriving the day before the cruise. looking at different options and costs. thanks

OK, hotels in the MCO area that I have used:

Hyatt MCO--most convenient as it is right in the airport and if using DCL transportation in the morning, they will take your luggage right from hotel room. Also most expensive. Dining options in airport food court as well as hotel.

Hyatt Place (different than Hyatt MCO). Off airport property. Complimentary shuttle from MCO, complimentary breakfast. GREAT hotel. They did have a super shuttle service that you could book with round trip transportation to the cruise terminal (listed under "specials" on their web site.) I know it has gotten more expensive than our cost. It lists cost for 2 people on web, but you can call hotel and add more to shuttle if desired. GOOD shuttle service.

Country Inn and Suites--clean, decent breakfast (not as good as Hyatt Place). Cookies and coffee/tea in lobby on check in. Good value for money, complimentary shuttle from MCO. Roll away bed was HORRIBLE, but they did refund our money when I complained about the lack of comfort.

Hampton Inn--I was not impressed with this one at all.

Sorry, there was another one that we stayed at once, but I don't remember what it was.

These are all in the same area, a couple miles from MCO. 5 minute drive. My personal favorite off site is Hyatt Place.

There are some hotels that also offer a sleep, cruise, and fly package. They will provide transportation from MCO to a hotel in either Orlando or Port Canaveral for a night, transportation to the cruise ship, and then after the cruise, transportation from the cruise back to MCO. We have looked into for this cruise, but we are driving in for the first portion so doesn't save us any. I know Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach offers one and there is another site that offers several hotel choices.

There are some hotels that also offer a sleep, cruise, and fly package. They will provide transportation from MCO to a hotel in either Orlando or Port Canaveral for a night, transportation to the cruise ship, and then after the cruise, transportation from the cruise back to MCO. We have looked into for this cruise, but we are driving in for the first portion so doesn't save us any. I know Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach offers one and there is another site that offers several hotel choices.

That's the deal the Hyatt Place offers. Also in the MCO area, it is (or was) available at the Hampton and the Wyndham. The package includes round trip transportation from the hotel to the cruise terminal, parking at the hotel (if needed), transportation from the airport to the hotel and back, and a standard one night hotel stay. Breakfast is included at most hotels.