Power Strip question

rjhollan

Look at the Product Description says surge protector

Amazon's product description also says "six outlets" and this item only has four outlets.

Good catch though. I wonder if the manufacturer either changed the product to include surge protection or if the online info is incorrect. The one on Amazon is model 14837, I have 14836 purchased from a brick and mortar store which looks nearly identical and there is no mention of surge protection on the packaging nor the item itself. I intentionally tried to find a short power strip without surge protection for the ship.

Apologies for any confusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent. I can then buy a small 4 slot USB adapter to plug into one of the outlets. That should do the trick....

That's what I do. I just bring an old school lamp extension cord (like 2 bucks at Walmart), and have a cheap multi-port USB charger that goes in one of the outlets. Every ounce is precious fitting everything into a 50 lb limit suitcase, so I don't want to bring a heavy power strip anyway.

I hope ship designers start installing bedside lamps with USB ports built right into them. One of my pet peeves about most cruise ships is there's no bedside outlet. It's usually on the opposite wall. I want to charge my phone overnight on the bedside table, as it doubles as my clock and my alarm (and sometimes reading/research in bed the night before a port).

I get that there's limited power they're willing to deliver to each stateroom. That's why USB ports would be an ideal addition to bedside lamps, as they draw only minor power.