Average age lower than expected

We were on the Anthem 20th June out of UK and I was surprised at the average age of passengers ( from observation) it was a lot lower than I expected, as it was not during school holidays.

Previously I had experienced older pax at this time of year.

There was also a good mix of different nationality rather than mainly uk pax,

Surprisingly there was a lot of late teen, early twenty US lads and girls in groups with what appeared to be without parents, is this the norm for US youngsters?

It's unlikely groups of younger uk kids would holiday on cruise ships this way.

There was also a large proportion of Spanish speaking passengers ( maybe from south america) I wonder if RCI have been doing special deals?

It all made for a very international feel to the cruise which was very good, although not that good for RCI bars sales.

I over heard a conversation that 50 percent of pax were not spending anything, the rest of us must have had the free package

From what I've read the cruise industry has been much more successful in enticing younger people onto ships in the US than in the UK. I'm only 27 and I'm the youngest person I know who's cruised by a long way (I'm in the UK).

It will be interesting to see what the ship is like in September.

Alex and I are quite 'old' for our age, and are not into clubbing or binge drinking etc. I hope we don't see this in September (the binge drinking). We're quite happy with some drinks, live music, theatre shows, and chilling with our Kindles :)