Carnival Breeze Hub App

Mistys02

Yes, it works on airplane mode. We used it a few weeks ago and it really liked it. Sometimes it can be slow sending messages though. But it's nice for keeping up with the schedule and dining times. Also you can keep up with onboard spending.

Edited by Banks822

Used it on the Breeze on our June cruise and it worked great. Didn't really need it as much as I thought with regard to the texting feature as we all stayed together for the most part, but the texting feature did work great when we did use it. It was nice to have to look up things that were going about the ship on a daily basis. I would say it was well worth the $5 per phone charge.

Fantastic! Thank you! :)

This is my first cruise and I was not looking forward to the post it notes or going back to the cabin to check messages. Even if the connection is slow, it would less wasted time than all those (now) unnecessary trips would have been to find out where everyone else is or what they want to do next.

I am an early riser (5 AM or earlier) and wanted to be able to go explore and meet up with everyone else when they woke up. That would have meant setting up alarms, being at predetermined places at predetermined times or going back to the room to check if others were ready to start the day.

If this app works as mentioned I can do my own thing and report ever so often where I am at. Whenever they wake up they can meet me without me having to be anywhere at a specific time! This will make what I’m expecting to be an awesome voyage even better!!! :)

Used it on the Breeze on our June cruise and it worked great. Didn't really need it as much as I thought with regard to the texting feature as we all stayed together for the most part, but the texting feature did work great when we did use it. It was nice to have to look up things that were going about the ship on a daily basis. I would say it was well worth the $5 per phone charge.

So the texting feature of the app is $5? What is free with the app?

So the texting feature of the app is $5? What is free with the app?

It's $5 per device if you want to be able to text between phones. Everything else is free (what's happening onboard, dining reservations and times for venues, ship maps, and view your sail and sign account).

We cruised in May. We had no delay in texting with iPhones. I heard there were some issues with Android phones.

We also had no delay in texting with our iPhones. We even tried it out when we first got the app and literally the text was immediately received to the other phone so no issues there!

Our family of 5 got it free in January on the Breeze-trial week. Is it $5.00 per day per phone? Sure was nice having it free!

Ships:*Carnival*Breeze

1/15/15:*Carnival*has launched a new mobile app that provides guests with a variety of useful information to maximize their fun on a*Carnival*cruise, including an innovative ‘chat’ feature. The app is currently available for iPhone and Android users via their respective app stores with fleet wide rollout planned within the next 18 to 24 months. During this time,*Carnival*will continue to add more fun and functional features to help guests have an even more personalized and memorable cruise vacation, such as the ability to purchase shore excursions, view photos taken by the ship’s professional photographers on board and more.

The free*Carnival*Hub*app is designed to provide guests with a convenient, at-a-glance view of the ship’s many shipboard facilities and features along with updates on events and happenings taking place on board.

Also available is a ‘chat’ feature where guests can communicate with anyone on board from their mobile devices. The price for the chat feature, which includes a group chat option, is $5 USD per voyage*(during the testing period).

The app also includes:

A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events ‘favorites’ feature that allows guests to see what events and activities their sailing companions are participating in

Information on casual dining options along with details on popular watering holes

Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings

Itinerary details, including current ship time and arrival/departure times for upcoming port calls

Real-time information on the guest’s current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance

And many more features… Coming soon!

Ditto those who mentioned texting delays. Only 2 of us using it on our last cruise (both iphones) and most of the time we received the text right away. But there were definitely times when there was a lag of about 1/2 hour.

All that aside, I would still purchase it again. It's very handy when traveling with others. Hope they roll it out on other ships soon.

One additional note: don't rely too heavily on the details of your sail & sign card expenses being accurate. That tab was not very impressive and needs further enhancements. I ended up at guests services because I saw charges I didn't agree with. Turns out they credited it back to me (on my true account) but those credits didn't show up in the app.

Edited by jazm2011

I think instead of paying $5 per phone to use the texting that many say can be unreliable, I would just use the free features of the Hub and pay the Social Media fee instead. We did the social media while on the Sunshine and just set up a group using the facebook Messenger and communicated with everyone in our group that way. That way we could also keep up with facebook and keep in touch with people at home using the Messenger. The social media plan worked great.

I have read from others' reviews that there was a minimum age of 13 (enforced by Folio number) in order to use the $5 texting feature of the Carnival HUB app on Breeze, and there was no option for parents to "override" this.

However, I also read that someone saw on John Heald's page that they might be changing this, but I couldn't find any further information now.

Does anyone know the latest on the minimum age policy for Carnival HUB texting?

Thanks in advance!

I have read from others' reviews that there was a minimum age of 13 (enforced by Folio number) in order to use the $5 texting feature of the Carnival HUB app on Breeze, and there was no option for parents to "override" this.

However, I also read that someone saw on John Heald's page that they might be changing this, but I couldn't find any further information now.

Does anyone know the latest on the minimum age policy for Carnival HUB texting?

Thanks in advance!

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/kw/Carnival%20hub

Not sure how new this is,but it appears under 13 can only chat with those in their cabin,under same account or linked reservations

Can minors use chat?

Guests’ 13 and older with charging privileges can purchase chat.

Guests’ 12 and under can have chat purchased for them by their parent or legal guardian (guest must be 18 years or older). This list will be sourced from guests' linked as travel with, same cabin, and guests on the same account.

Who is in my contact list?

The contact list is created from guests linked together as travel with.

Guests in the same cabin, guests on the same account and guests linked through the reservation system as travel with.**

How does a guest add someone to my contact list?

In order to add a new contact, navigate to the contacts page, select add new.

The app will prompt you to enter a chat id.

The guest to be added chat id is found at the top of the main menu.

This function is not available for guests 12 and under (for safety/security reasons).

Edited by AdrenalineRush

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Misty :)

Yes, the app works in airplane mode.

Be sure to download the Carnival Hub app (prior) to your voyage.

We used the Facebook Messenger feature instead of texting. Far more consistent & effective in regards to communication.

Here is the exact way to connect.

1) Cellphone (WiFi mode on) with (airplane mode on).

2) Open your WiFi settings & connect to the network named Carnival WiFi.

3) Open your web browser & type in LOGIN.COM

4) You will then see a screen titled:

Satellite Internet - Pick A Plan.

5) Follow the prompts to select & purchase your plan. Click the 'buy' button next to the plan you want, then on the next screen enter your (sail & sign number) on your key card, (plus your birthday).

6) If you want to switch devices go to LOGOUT.COM on the 1st device & then LOGIN.COM on the device you wish to switch to.

You will also be given these instructions onboard the ship.

Since many cell phones vary when airplane mode is activated, It is also wise to check your settings to make sure your data roaming / international data, is off or unchecked.

Hope this helps you.. Have a wonderful day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi! Do you still receive the funtimes in your room if you have the Carnival Hub App?

Thanks!

Angie.

Cruising on the Breeze next month:)

Yes! You'll still get your paper Fun Times.

It was nice to use just to know what was happening next and what time certain venues closed. The notifications for activities we designated as "favorite" was also very helpful. Our kids used a spare iPod Touch and we were able to communicate with them when we were separated.