How many times do you wear something?

I normally only wear tops and dresses once - but that's 100% for fashion and not for function :) I love clothes. For Bottoms, I'll normally bring 1 or 2 day time options and just rotate them - so daytime bottoms get maybe 2 or 3 wears. I'll also have a few nicer bottoms for evenings when I'm not in sun dresses, and they will get reworn how ever often is needed for the tops I brought to go with them. I wouldn't have an issue wearing the same 'evening bottoms' 4 times. Of course, all bets are off if there is a spill. lol

I refuse to do laundry on vacation, and I'm pretty particular about how I wash my stuff, so I wouldn't trust the ship's laundry for anything, even t-shirts.

I make out a clothing chart. I wear one outfit (capri) to dinner, minimal wear and then plan to wear it later in the week to port with a different top. Anything I wear into port probably won't be worn again since I'll sweated, etc.

:D

I do this and my chart is some of my most fun pre-cruise. If I bring a reversible dress or skirt, I generally get even more wears if we aren't in sweaty situations. --Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm in the minority as well... Not a fan of re-wearing stuff because I find my pants begin to "sag", my clothes begin to smell like "ocean" or "outside", and they just don't look or feel fresh the second time around. While I will re-wear my evening clothes if necessary, I try not to re-wear my daytime clothes.

This was a huge challenge for me for my upcoming Alaskan cruise. For 12 days (including flying) and 10 nights (the 11th night will be spent on a red-eye flight), I have 5 pairs of daytime pants (3 yoga-material pants - 1 leggings, 1 Capri leggings, and 1 flared pants), 9 daytime t-shirts/tank tops, 1 3/4 sleeve top, 3 sweatshirts, and 1 denim jacket. So each top will be worn once, and the pants 2-ish times each. And the sweatshirts likely twice each depending on weather.

In terms of night-time clothes, I'm bringing 1 dress for formal nights, 1 skinny leg dress pants, 1 pair of boot cut dress pants, 5 tops, and 1 cardigan.

The real test of this plan will be when I put my suitcase on the scale tomorrow! [emoji54]

I only wear something once. I wouldn't put something not clean on again.

I plan all my outfits to a T before we leave and have a couple of spare outfits just in case. The only thing I would ever consider wearing again is shoes but even then I generally have enough pairs so I don't have to. Driving to the ports is such a blessing for a fashionista!!