Will my Personal Vacation Planner get mad at me for booking online

usacamaro

You refer your PVP to personal friends, right? From what I understand, you can't refer over cruisecritic. I haven't found a great PVP and I keep hearing these glowing reviews of PVPs. Oh well....

Me neither. My current one sent me an email last week that was quite rude and untrue! I sent him 3 emails with no response, then he sends me one that says he had tried numerous times to call. Of course my phone does not show missed calls and no messages. I haven't responded to him, because I am pretty sure I couldn't be nice right now!

The answer to your question is Yes. My PvP reprimanded me when I booked without her. She is no longer my pvp.

I'm in sales and if someone would be calling me back and forth and than buys the same product on line, I wouldn't want him to be my customer anymore.

I just do my bookings myself anymore. Last booking my PVP added travel insurance to my account without my knowledge/permission. I am perfectly capable of doing my own booking and just don't need someone else's "hand" in my account. I can submit my own form for a price drop and I can call the 800 number if there's an issue.

I've done it this way with my Vista cruise, and I will be doing it this way from here on out.

I just do my bookings myself anymore. Last booking my PVP added travel insurance to my account without my knowledge/permission. I am perfectly capable of doing my own booking and just don't need someone else's "hand" in my account. I can submit my own form for a price drop and I can call the 800 number if there's an issue.

I've done it this way with my Vista cruise, and I will be doing it this way from here on out.

That is fine, The problem comes in when people want to book on their own but then wants to utilize the services of their usual PVP that they did not allow to get the credit for the booking. Very bad form that.

I was about to say....getting upset with you for exercising your free will is a good way to lose a client and get a lot of bad publicity.

I agree. I lost my PVP--she was apparently promoted, and the new person I've inherited is very nice, but I don't feel like she's working for me the way the old one did. I feel like I'm committing a crime, but I want to change PVPs or just start booking online. Funny how we feel so guilty over something which is just business on our end as much as it is on theirs.

That is fine, The problem comes in when people want to book on their own but then wants to utilize the services of their usual PVP that they did not allow to get the credit for the booking. Very bad form that.

Yeah, that's not really fair to them. Hey I didn't give you the credit, but help me please...

I pretty much do all my research down to what room number i want and then call my PVP and book with her.

More then once she has found me a better rate or an upgrade.

This is exactly what I do. I was always one to book through a TA or online. We had a complex booking for our upcoming cruise and I could not find the cabin configurations I wanted. I had a PVP that kept calling and emailing me but when it came time for me to book, I could not get a call back. I called the 800# and hooked up with a wonderful PVP who found us a great block of rooms all in a row and took care of everything. She is awesome and I can't imagine booking any other way.

Of course it is your choice, but if you book without them, they have lost you anyway. For them to express their disappointment is totally natural.

Very true but there's a difference between expressing disappointment and dressing someone down or getting mad at them. The former is going to improve my opinion of someone where as the latter is going to make me think they are unprofessional at best or even emotionally unstable at worst.

I agree. I lost my PVP--she was apparently promoted, and the new person I've inherited is very nice, but I don't feel like she's working for me the way the old one did. I feel like I'm committing a crime, but I want to change PVPs or just start booking online. Funny how we feel so guilty over something which is just business on our end as much as it is on theirs.

Exactly. I have loyalty to those who are loyal to me and going against that just feels wrong on some level.

We lost our PVP that we had for years.

She was wonderful to us.

Very personable and "knew" us, our kids, and the people we cruised with and the kind of cruises we booked.

We still miss her.

She would call now and then and tell us about a cruise if she thought we might like it.

She called DH one day and he told her that we did not know when we would be able to cruise again due to a family member's illness.

He said that she sounded like she was going to cry.

When we did call to book a cruise her extension just did not work.

It was upsetting.

We were worried that something bad had happened to her.

Later I found out that she was okay but had not met her quota.

We had another PVP disappear after that.